The current Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is one of the cult soccer venues in the city of London where Tottenham Hotspur Football Club plays its home matches. Its current building was inaugurated in April 2019, after the demolition of its predecessor, the White Hart Lane. This with the aim of offering fans a larger infrastructure, to share their hobby and learn about the history of this legendary sport.
Visiting this stadium is a good option to incorporate into your itinerary of things to see and do in London. You can discover the inside of the stadium by taking a self-guided tour of the places accessible only to players or, alternatively, stroll around the outskirts of the stadium, admiring its imposing facade, among other options that I will explain below.
1. Get to know Tottenham's stadium in its maximum splendor by vibrating with a match.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club has a history dating back to 1882. From 1899, it moved to the White Hart Lane stadium, being its official home until 2016, when the building was demolished to make way for the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium in 2019. There, on April 3 of that year, the home team inaugurated the ground, celebrating the matchday 31 of the Premier League.
In this competition, 20 British teams play against each other for 38 matchdays. Therefore, the Spurs, as the home team Tottenham Hotspur FC is known, will play two matches with each of the remaining 19 teams (one at their stadium and the other as a visitor).
For 10 months, starting on August 1st in London and ending the last week of May of the following year, you will have the chance to see Tottenham's stadium at its best, vibrating with the sporting performance of their team. To do so, you will have to keep an eye on the Premier League Calendar.
- Price: the average price of tickets for a Premier League match at the home of Tottenham Hotspur Football starts at €35 per person. You can purchase tickets directly at the stadium box office or through its official website.
- Duration: the clash between the two teams usually lasts a maximum of two hours: 90 minutes of play divided into two halves of 45 minutes each. In addition, 15 minutes of rest and about 5 minutes of replay.
2. Take a tour to see the ins and outs of Tottenham's stadium from the inside
If you're an English soccer enthusiast, then Tottenham Stadium is a must-see destination on your itinerary of things to see and do in London in a day or more. You will be able to tour inside this iconic sporting temple with the help of an audio guide.
With this activity considered among the best tours and excursions in London that focus on soccer culture, you will have the opportunity to explore in detail all the nooks and crannies of Tottenham Stadium. You will access the pitch directly from the dressing rooms through the players' tunnel. You will walk through the stands, the press room, among other of the venue's facilities.
In addition, you will have a multimedia device that will allow you to learn precise details about the venue and the club. For example:
- You will hear the history of the Tottenham club and the building from before its demolition in 2017 to the present day.
- You'll discover some anecdotes about the rugby and National Football League matches held annually at the stadium.
- You will enjoy exclusive interviews, conducted with players such as South Korea's Heung Min Son, who has been part of the club since 2015, among other legendary athletes.
- You will learn about the architecture and technology implemented in the facilities.
Information of interest
- Price: the average price of this self-guided activity is usually €32 per person.
- Duration: generally, the experience lasts between 30 and 90 minutes.
- Advantages: although you will have an audio guide to discover the stadium at your own pace, you will also have the help of the stadium staff, who will be attentive to your concerns.
Take the Tottenham stadium tour for free with the London Pass
If you want to visit Tottenham Stadium during your trip, then a good option is for you to purchase the London Pass Tourist Card. With this electronic pass you can save time and money, both when touring the soccer temple, as well as visiting other destinations incorporated.
Undoubtedly, this is the best tourist card in London, allowing you to select a pass that suits your needs and tastes, whether you plan to stay from one to seven days in London and even longer. You will have over 31 different destinations to incorporate into your itinerary, including Tottenham Stadium.
This pass can be purchased electronically through your cell phone. This way, you will get a QR code that you will have to scan directly at the stadium ticket office, without queuing or making any payment.
Afterwards, you will only have to enjoy the immersive experience at Tottenham Stadium. You will visit the backstage, the players' tunnel, the pitch, the press room, among other places of interest. In addition, thanks to the multimedia guide included in the tour, you will learn about the history and curiosities of both the building and the club.
- Price: the approximate cost of the day pass that includes among its options the Tottenham stadium tour starts at €84 per adult and €54 for children under 15 years old.
- Duration: the duration of the tourist pass corresponds to the number of days you decide to purchase it. However, the pass is not valid for 24-hour periods, but for consecutive days from activation, i.e. the moment you scan it for the first time.
- Advantages: this tourist card gives you a significant money saving compared to the price of the ticket and you will avoid inconveniences by not having to queue at the ticket office.
3. Tour the outside and learn about its history with the London Contrasts Tour
During your stay in the city you can enjoy the Contrasts Tour. This is a walking tour of the main monuments of historical, cultural, architectural and sporting interest, including Tottenham Stadium.
This experience, like many others, can be customized, as the city has too many attractions and, surely, there will be some that you prefer to prioritize. Among the places usually visited are Borough Market, the interesting Soho district, Westminster Abbey, London Eyes, The Shard, St Pau Cathedral, among others.
Certainly, this sports temple is a bit far from the city center (approximately 55 minutes by car), but this is not an impediment to incorporate it into your tour. The guide will take you by subway or bus to the stadium so that you can see it from the outside.
Upon arrival, you will be amazed by the monumental five-story structure, crowned by the traditional rooster, the club's emblem. You will be able to take incredible photographs and learn part of the history of the place thanks to the guide. In addition, if you take this tour of the city of London at night, you will see the innovative facade with sensitivity to light changes, which acts as a lantern, revealing the interior of Tottenham Stadium.
- Price: this personalized contrast tour of the city of London has an approximate cost of 56€ per person.
- Duration: the activity usually lasts from two to six hours.
- Benefits: you will discover some curiosities of Tottenham Stadium and contemplate its amazing facade.
4. Tottenham Stadium, from the heights on a helicopter tour
There are many ways to visit Tottenham Stadium and one of them is from the heights on a helicopter tour. You will enjoy a privileged panoramic view of this imposing sports venue and other emblematic destinations in the city of London.
To carry out this unforgettable experience, you will board a helicopter with a professional pilot at the heliport in the London borough of Battersea. But first, you will learn some basic safety rules for a better flying experience.
Once you soar over the city you will have an amazing bird's eye view of some of London's best monuments. Such is the case of Tower Bridge, the London Eye, skyscrapers like The Shard, St Pau's Cathedral, Westminster Abbey, among other destinations, including the glorious Tottenham Stadium.
When you fly over the aforementioned soccer stadium, you will be amazed with its monumental 105 x 68 meters building, designed by the famous architecture studio Populous. You will see the hybrid turf and grandstand seating from a unique perspective as if it were a model.
Information of interest
- Price: the value of the panoramic helicopter tour usually starts at 150€ per person.
- Duration: the helicopter flight over the city of London usually lasts about 20 minutes.
- Advantages: you will see Tottenham Stadium and other London attractions from a different perspective.
5. Visit the outside by getting there on your own
Discovering London neighborhood by neighborhood is a good option during your stay. In this sense, a must-see destination is Tottenham Halen in the borough of Haringey, northwest of the city, as it is home to the seventh largest stadium in the UK, the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
It is one of the most iconic places in this neighborhood, worth a visit whether you are a soccer fan or not. You can walk in front of its monumental facade with sensitivity to light changes, observe its architectural details and take many pictures to remember.
In addition, in this lively neighborhood of London you will experience an amazing ethnic diversity, which you will quickly notice as you walk through its streets lined with cafes, bars and international restaurants. You can do some shopping at the Tottenham Hale Retail Park shopping center, which is approximately four minutes from the train station.
Options for getting to Tottenham Stadium on your own
Tottenham Stadium is approximately 12 kilometers from the center of London. Despite the distance, the access to the stadium will not generate complications, because there are several means of transport available.
- By train: you should depart from London Liverpool Street station to White Hart Lane. This route operated by Overground takes approximately 25 minutes to Tottenham Stadium. You can access it every day, specifically every 20 minutes and has an average cost of between €2 and €5 per person.
- By bus: the Transport for London service departs from Trafalgar Square bus station and goes to Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. The route takes about 45 minutes and is available approximately every 30 minutes.
- By cab: traveling by cab from London to the Tottenham stadium is the fastest option of all, taking a maximum of 15 minutes. However, the cost is usually between €23 and €28, which could be high.
Try the food at the restaurants and bars inside the Tottenham stadium
At the Tottenham Stadium, you will not only see impressive sporting matches or discover the soccer history of the stadium and its club through the self-guided tours. You can also enjoy a wide gastronomic selection in the restaurants and bars inside.
You will have a craft beer bar with a length of approximately 65 meters, being considered the largest in Europe. In addition, you will have at your disposal more than 60 points of sale. Such is the case of Linesman, N17Grill, Maan & Noodle, Smashed Olive, among other places generally incorporated among the best gastronomic tours of the city.
You can eat hot dogs, hamburgers, pizzas, burritos, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free preparations, among other foods. You will also find a series of children's menus, ideal if you have traveled to London with children.
Practical information for your visit to Tottenham Stadium
- Address and directions: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is located in the Tottenham neighborhood, northwest London, specifically at 782 High Rd, London N17 0BX, United Kingdom. You can reach this destination by train or bus.
- Access by tourist bus: you should know that the route of the best tourist buses in London for the moment does not include Tottenham Stadium among its stops.
- Opening hours: Tottenham Stadium is open every day (Sunday from 10:30 am to 4:30 pm and Monday to Saturday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm) except at Easter and Christmas.
- Ticket prices: Ticket prices may vary according to the age of the person. For example, the cost of the stadium tour is from 27 € for adults, approximately 16 € for children, about 24 € for seniors over 65 and free for children under 5 years. Similarly, you will find other prices according to the experience you want to do. You can check the official website for more information.
- How to purchase tickets for the tour: tickets for the tour or other experiences offered by the stadium can be purchased at the ticket office or online at the stadium's website.
- Complementary activities: you can climb the stadium and walk along the edge of the building, getting a magical panoramic view of the pitch and the surrounding area. All this, thanks to the Skywalk experience.