Are you planning to visit several of London's most famous tourist attractions? Instead of buying them separately because the cost can be higher, a good idea is to buy combined tickets to some of them, as it can help you to save a little during your vacation.
Such is the case of combined tickets for a cruise on the Thames and to ride the London Eye, highlights to see and do in London.
Want to know how you can buy combined tickets and what you can save with them? I tell you that and more in the next post!
Explore London from different points of view with this special package
On your visit to the British capital do not miss the opportunity to see its monuments and most emblematic points in a very comfortable way with this offer that includes bus ticket, cruise and a ride on the highest Ferris wheel in Europe.
Explore the British capital with this pack that includes tickets for London Eye, pass for the Big Bus and cruise on the Thames, an ideal way to discover its monuments and points of interest.
In this proposal in which, thanks to the headphones and audio guide with recorded commentary you will know all the details and intricacies of the history of the city, you can choose between two routes depending on the time you have and how much you want to deepen, with a duration of about 1 hour and 20 minutes or 2 hours and 30 minutes respectively. In addition, there are bus tickets for 1, 2 or 3 days.
Why I like this option... it is a very complete option and has very good value for money.
Recommended if... you want to know London comfortably.
Get to know London in depth with this experience in which you will leave nothing behind.
A 10-hour experience with an expert guide in which you will enjoy a tour of the British capital, a cruise on the Thames and, of course, you will also climb the London Eye.
Thanks to this tour of London with tickets included for the London Eye, you can make a tour of the main places in the city without leaving anything behind. A tour of approximately 10 hours that includes bus transfers, tickets to St. Paul's Cathedral and the Tower of London, and the ascent to the London Eye.
In addition, you will have at your disposal a professional guide who will explain in detail the history of the different points, monuments and landmarks of the city. A very complete experience to discover in depth the British capital, enjoy panoramic views from the highest Ferris wheel in Europe and sail the waters of the Thames.
Why I like this option... it is the most complete option to know London.
Recommended if... you do not want to leave anything behind and want to know London in depth, as you will have at your disposal a guide to ask all the questions you have.
Where to buy combined tickets for the London Eye and a cruise on the Thames?
If during your stay in London you want to include in your agenda of activities to climb the London Eye and take a cruise on the Thames, the best option for both convenience and speed to fulfill your plans is to buy online in advance a combined ticket to the two attractions.
Both are two of the most popular tourist attractions in the city, which translates into some very long and boring queues at the ticket office for those who choose to purchase them 'in situ' once they land in London. So, in my experience, I do not recommend waiting until you arrive in the British capital to buy tickets. If you buy them online and from home, this is precious time from your trip that you could invest in other more entertaining plans such as a bike tour through London's parks, a Harry Potter tour or a gastronomic tour.
How to buy combined tickets online? How to use them?
Very easy! For example, you can use the London Eye website to buy a combined ticket for the Ferris wheel and the cruise. When you access the site, all you have to do is select the combined ticket you want, then the number of tickets and finally the date and time for the Thames cruise.
Later, when you are ready, you have to book the date and time for the other activity (the London Eye climb) separately.
How much can I save with a combined ticket for the London Eye and Thames cruise?
From £41 you can get a combined adult ticket to take a Thames cruise and go on the London Eye, so when you buy them together you can save around 15%.
If you are sure you want to do both activities and do not plan to buy a tourist card, the best way to save a little is to get a combined ticket, as buying them separately is more expensive.
When can I do a combined visit to these two attractions?
One of the advantages of buying a combined ticket to do a Thames River Cruise and to go on the London Eye is that you can plan each activity as you want, that is, you don't have to do them on the same day in a hurry, but you can choose separately the day and time of each attraction.
For example, if you buy a combined ticket on the website of the London Eye the first thing you have to do is select the date and time you would like to do the Thames cruise and when you have made the reservation, you will receive a confirmation email in your email that includes a link to book in advance the visit to the other attraction (the London Eye).
When you purchase the combined ticket you should know that you cannot change the date and time of the first activity (the Thames cruise), but you have a maximum of 5 times to edit the details of your visit to the other attraction before the original date selected.
What will I see during the Thames cruise or from the London Eye?
A cruise on the Thames or going on the London Eye are two of the most interesting things you can do in London.
Cruise on the Thames
- During the crossing you will enjoy a moment of peace and a very relaxing walk feeling the breeze and the sun on your face.
- You will contemplate some of the most beautiful monuments of London located near the river bank, such as Big Ben and the Palace of Westminster, London Bridge, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, the London Eye, the Tower of London, Tower Bridge or The Shard viewpoint, among others.
- You will have the opportunity to enjoy the London skyline from another perspective.
- You will get some impressive pictures as a souvenir.
- If at the end of the cruise you want more because you have had a great time, you can always come back for a dinner cruise on the Thames, a totally different experience and at the same time complementary to the previous one, as you can observe the Thames at night and attend an elegant evening with dinner and live music.
Climbing the London Eye
- It is the highest Ferris wheel in Europe with its more than 130 meters high.
- It is famous for its spectacular panoramic views, where on a clear day you can see up to 40 kilometers away.
- Its structure is in continuous movement, allowing you to contemplate the London skyline with a very original and different perspective to what we are used to.
- At the highest point of the London Eye you will have the opportunity to see the city from a bird's eye view and immortalize at your feet beautiful monuments such as the Palace of Westminster and Big Ben, the great dome of St. Paul's Cathedral and the City of London, Westminster Bridge or the Fenchurch building, among others.
- If you have a flexible schedule to see the London Eye, go up to the Ferris wheel at sunset, because it is one of the most beautiful views from the London Eye. The phenomenon varies depending on the month, so if you decide to go up at that time, I advise you to make sure you know when the sunset occurs in London.
How to get from one attraction to another?
The London Eye is located on the south bank of the River Thames, opposite the Palace of Westminster. The ticket offices are inside County Hall, a building next to the Ferris wheel. And the London Eye (Waterloo) pier is next to the wheel. You can walk from one side to the other perfectly.
To get to the London Eye you can take the Jubilee line and get off at Waterloo station, which is the closest to the attraction.
Where to eat near the London Eye and the Thames cruise?
If you feel like eating around the London Eye and its pier, do not miss these proposals:
- St Stephen's Tavern: A British pub where you can taste the best traditional local cuisine. As a curiosity, prime ministers like Churchill or Macmillan used to eat here.
- La Cucina Di Mamma: A good Italian place to eat near the London Eye. The Piccante pizza and the Four Cheese pizza are from another planet.
- Pret a Manger: Ideal for breakfast if you are going to visit the Ferris wheel early. You can take it there or order it to go. The breakfast rolls and the classic British porridge are two of their specialties.
Take a look at the post places to eat near the London Eye if you would like to stay and eat nearby.
Other tips for a combined visit to the London Eye and ride a Thames river cruise
Tips for visiting the London Eye
- The best time to ride the London Eye is early as soon as the attraction opens, but if you have other plans in the morning, another good time is around 3 pm, when there are few people.
- Weekends and holidays are when the London Eye is most crowded. Better go on a weekday to avoid the queues.
- The views from the cabins of the London Eye are stunning, but if you want to take the best photo of the Ferris wheel outdoors go to the Golden Jubilee Bridge.
- Climb the London Eye at night to see the city illuminated in all its splendor - it's a magical feeling!
Tips to take a Thames river cruise
- Be on time. The boat departs with British punctuality (never better said!) and waits for no one. Arrive in plenty of time and take the opportunity to explore the area before boarding.
- Dress warmly, especially if you are cruising during the winter in London. It can get very cold in London when temperatures are low and if you are going to be on deck, it is best to dress warmly.
- Bring some motion sickness remed y to take before boarding in case the swaying of the water makes your body churn. This way, you will enjoy the experience much more.
- Do not lean over the railing of the boat too much and keep a safe distance as a precaution.
- Remember to carry your camera battery well charged to take pictures and videos during the crossing.