Climbing to the terrace of The Edge in the Hudson Yards neighborhood, is one of the attractions that I recommend you include in your New York travel budget. Booking date and time, access to these views has an approximate price of 36 €, quite affordable compared to their colleagues Top Of The Rock, One World Observatory and the legendary Empire State.
There are several types of tickets you can buy to know the latest addition to New York in terms of viewpoints. Here I tell you about the options that exist so you can organize your budget and choose the one that suits you best.
How much does a standard ticket for The Edge cost?
The cheapest tickets are available online from 35 €. You avoid queuing and have the great advantage of choosing the date and time that is more convenient for you to go up, always for the same price. You can also make changes and refunds if necessary.
What is included in this ticket
- Priority access to the building without queues
- Access to Level 100 with 360º views from the indoor observatory
- Access to the highest outdoor terrace in the Western Hemisphere
- Access to the glass floor, where you will be able to see the sloping glass walls, the horizon passages and the East Point
- Free digital souvenir photo
How much do premium tickets for the Edge cost?
If you want to complete the vertigo of this experience by indulging yourself, you will find more options on The Edge's official website, take note!
1. Price of the General admission ticket including champagne glass
For a slightly higher price, about 50 €, you can add a glass of champagne to your tour. You will have to choose date and time and you will not be able to make changes or refunds.
2. Price of the Premium Flex Pass ticket (with flexible schedule)
Another option that you can find on the official website for about 80 €, is the premium ticket, which includes flexible hours for the visit in addition to the glass of champagne and a personalized photobook as a gift.
Note also that this option is also only for those over 21 years old and does not allow exchanges or refunds.
What is included in the Edge premium tickets
- Indoor terrace on the 100th floor with 360º views of the city.
- Open-air terrace, the highest in the entire Western Hemisphere.
- Walk on the glass floor, see the sloping glass walls, walk down the steps to the city skyline and view the East End
- A free digital souvenir photo
Extra costs you should be aware of
You should note that if you decide to buy your tickets through The Edge's official website, on days considered high season and busiest, they cost €1.5 more per ticket.
Watching the sunset from The Edge, also has an extra cost: going up at sunset will cost you almost 9 € more per person. You can check this article if you want to know more about the best time to go up to The Edge.
Are there any reduced prices, free tickets or discounts for The Edge?
Yes, The Edge offers different rates for certain groups:
- Children ages 6-12
- Seniors 62 years of age and older
- New York City residents (the latter only if they purchase their tickets through the official website and present the corresponding documentation).
- If you are a student, unfortunately The Edge does not offer any discount, unless you live in New York.
- Children under the age of 5 are the only ones who do not pay admission.
Can I buy tickets at the box office and will they be cheaper?
You can buy tickets at the box office with an extra charge of approximately 1,5€ per ticket, so it is more advisable to buy them online.
The Edge observatory's ticket office is open 365 days a year from 8 am to midnight during high season and from 10 am to 10 pm regularly. You can buy your tickets right there, the ticket offices are on the fourth floor of the mall next to the gift store.
Keep in mind that you will probably have to wait in line and there is a risk that there may not be availability at the time you want, so my advice is to save time and money by buying your tickets online.
Ceci's Traveller Tip
Keep in mind that buying tickets at the box office has an extra cost. Buy them online to avoid it.
How much does it cost to visit The Edge with a Tourist Card?
Entrance to The Edge is included in several of the city's tourist passes at no extra cost. This is a very good option if you are going to spend several days in New York and do not want to miss anything. Sightseeing passes open the doors to countless attractions, including the Edge, and usually include skip-the-line access.
If you are thinking of buying a New York Sightseeing Pass, you can read all the information about its price and operation here: New York Sightseeing Pass, Go New York, the New York C3 and the New York Pass. All of them include the entrance to the observatory.
Frequently asked questions about The Edge prices
I am traveling with children and want to visit The Edge, how much do tickets cost?
Children under 5 years old do not pay admission. Children between 6 and 12 years old pay a reduced rate, about 30 €.
However, remember that depending on the day you go, if there are peak crowds you will have to pay an additional € 1.5 per ticket and if you want to see the New York sunset with the kids, they also have to pay the additional € 9.
If I book in advance, are the tickets cheaper?
There is no special price for advance tickets. The price of the tickets is the same and increases if you choose a day considered high season or if you want to go at sunset time.
Remember also that the additional options that we want to add to the basic ticket, such as the champagne glass or the flexible pass, also always have the same price increase and do not vary if you buy the tickets in advance.
Ticket prices on peak and off-peak season days
If you decide to buy your tickets through the official website of the Edge or at the box office you have to know that there are certain weeks, weekends and days of the year considered "peak" (peak). This means that there is a greater influx of people and therefore, the price is increased by 1.5 € per ticket, even if you buy them in advance.
You can check which are these peak season periods on The Edge's official website, but they usually coincide with Christmas, New Year's Eve and summer vacations.
Compare prices for other skyscrapers in New York City
- The Edge
- From $ 42
- Views: Empire State Building, Midtown and from afar One World Building
- Location: West Manhattan
- Top of the Rock
- From $ 44
- Views: Empire State, Central Park and from afar One World Building
- Location: Midtown Manhattan
- One World Observatory
- From $ 45
- Views: Wall Street, Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge and from afar Empire State Building
- Location: South Manhattan
- Empire State
- From $ 49
- Views: Chrysler Building, Rockefeller Center, 5th Avenue and from afar One World Building
- Location: Midtown Manhattan