The Best Time to Go to Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris is a magical land where fun is guaranteed 365 days a year; however, there are exceptional seasons that you will surely not want to miss. Here are all the details you need to know.
In Disneyland Paris the party does not stop, all year round the parks are open for the enjoyment of the public and the seasons with special shows full of magic and color follow one after the other.
This reality brings important advantages and also some remarkable disadvantages. On the one hand, no matter what time of the year you decide to go on your adventure, there is always plenty to see and do at Disneyland; on the other hand, when asked about the best time of the year to go to Disneyland, the answer can be complicated. Anyway, I'll break it all down for you below:
What is the best time to visit Disneyland Paris?
Christmas at Disneyland Paris is undoubtedly the best time to visit the park. During this period all the details, shows and decorations are carefully thought out to amaze us, thrill us and make us dream like children.
- The setting: The team in charge of the elaboration of the Christmas season at Disneyland Paris puts a lot of effort in achieving the delight of visitors. A gigantic Christmas tree 24 meters high is installed in Town Square; Main Street is transformed into a Christmas village that guides you on your way to Sleeping Beauty's Castle.
- The shows: During this season, many new ceremonies are included. During the day there are two character parades and during the evening, the traditional Christmas tree lighting event led by Mickey and Minie.
- The Characters: Christmas is the perfect time to see our Disney characters dressed in their holiday finery. My favorites? Santa Goofy and the always adorable Stitch in his red and white outfit.
- The party starts early: The Disney Christmas season is usually available from the second week of November. If you want to take advantage of the best days I advise you to buy your Disneyland Paris tickets for the last two weeks of November and avoid the weekends if you can.
The best time if you want to save money at Disneyland
Disneyland is one of the best destinations to travel from Paris. If you are on vacation in the City of Light and want to take the opportunity to visit Disney on a budget, my recommendation is to strategically choose the cheapest times of the year.
The cheapest months in Disneyland are January and September; specifically the first two weeks of both months. These seasons coincide with the beginning of school and, therefore, the end of vacations. The only drawback is that if you plan to travel to Paris with children, it will be very complicated to match their schedule to enjoy these experiences.
The best time if you want to avoid crowds
If you want to avoid crowds on your trip to Disneyland the least busy time is winter but after the new year. As a general tip, you can plan your excursion on the first days of the week. Tuesday through Thursday, if it doesn't coincide with any national holidays, you can find shorter lines at the most popular attractions and you can easily make reservations at Disneyland's most popular restaurants.
Below is a specific range of dates to visit Disneyland and avoid the crowds. These dates are obtained by looking at the park's visit history during the last years; they are especially useful if you are going to be only one day at Disneyland or two days at Disneyland and want to see everything.
- January: From the second week of the month from Monday to Friday you will find low crowds, I recommend to let the Christmas season furor pass.
- February: Only during the first week of the month there are low crowds, the rest of the month is moderate and with high crowds every day at the end of the month.
- March: As in January, the influx drops considerably from the second week of the month and from Monday to Friday. Always avoid weekends and the Mardi Gras holiday on March 6.
The best time if you want to enjoy the good weather
Spring at Disneyland is the best time to enjoy the park with good weather and a less euphoric Disney. In addition to a mild weather that sometimes turns summery, it has extended hours on weekends. Although if you want to avoid crowds, weekends are not the best option, neither are French holidays or school vacation weeks.
Although spring at Disneyland does not have fixed shows for the moment, there are beautiful parades with floats full of flowers and the usual characters animate the party. During this season the gardens of the park take special prominence, where sculptures representing our favorite animations are placed. Alice's Labyrinth comes back to life and it is not surprising in the spring season to find the Hatter or the White Rabbit participating in the parades and floats.
Marvel Superheroes also makes its presence felt with a show of lights and acrobatics to entertain all the fans. In addition to seeing the characters on stage you will be able to have your picture taken with: Spider-Man, Captain America, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Thor and more.
The best time if you are going for the first time
If this is your first time at Disneyland, summer is your best option. Although there is a widespread idea that this season should be avoided at all costs due to the influx of tourists, I personally consider that this season offers some interesting qualities.
About the influx in summer, while it is true that there are more people visiting Disneyland as a result of school vacations, it is also true that the crowds at this time are a little better distributed. Unlike the rest of the year where weekends are always very crowded, by summer the load is a little more evenly distributed.
But without a doubt the main reason to choose this time if it is your first time at Disney is the opportunity to enjoy the park for longer hours thanks to the extended summer hours. During this time the parks usually close at 23:00, so you will have plenty of opportunities to enjoy the rides and outdoor shows. The weather also becomes quite pleasant, especially early in the season when the summer heat is not yet hitting us so hard.
Want to take advantage of summer at Disney without the crowds? Plan your trip in June at the beginning of summer in Paris and between Monday and Thursday of the week.
The best time if you want to enjoy spectacular decor.
Halloween at Disneyland Paris is the second big celebration on the calendar. Similar to what happens during the Christmas season, the theming is very marked with decorations made especially for this time, with Halloween-inspired menus and Disney characters giving their all.
The settingTwo spaces that you should not miss are:
- Le Chateau de la Belle Durmiente. Princess Aurora's castle, located at the end of Main Street in the central area of the park, is haunted by the evil Maleficent and the enchanted trees of the fairy tale invade again the walls and gardens giving them a terrifying aspect.
- The Fuente de Oro Restaurant: This space has always been the Mexican food restaurant of Disneyland Paris; On Halloween it honors the Mexican Festival of the Dead and its decoration is totally allusive to the movie Coco. The whole square is filled with garlands, gigantic alebrijes and of course the beautiful skull the catrina
Characters Don't miss the opportunity to take a picture with Jack Skeleton, the real King of Halloweentown; you can find him at a photo booth or with Sally at the Haunted Mansion. Maleficent also wanders the streets, mostly in the area near the haunted castle.
ShowsThe fairy tale villains take to the open-air stage next to Sleeping Beauty's castle and sing their favorite songs. Participating in this show are: Ursula, Maleficent, Cruella, The Evil Queen and others.
AttractionsTwo attractions you shouldn't miss on Halloween are: The Haunted House and Tower of Terror.