The wax museum in the Dutch capital has many realistic sculptures of great interest: The most popular among visitors are those of Zayn Malik, Beyonce, The Hulk, Rico Verhoeven, Barack Obama, Dua Lipa, Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
Take a selfie with celebrities with this ticket to Amsterdam Wax Museum
More than 250 figures made in the image and likeness of the most popular stars await you at Madame Tussauds where you will also enjoy a virtual reality experience.
Get the best price for your ticket to see celebrities up close. Imagine being able to pose with the figures of the great stars or even touch them. With tickets to Madame Tussauds in Amsterdam you get direct access to the museum and you can also play a soccer match with the greats of the sport, thanks to the virtual reality experience, Gran Prix Experience.
If you are traveling with your family and would also like to record a song in a replica of a recording studio, this is your option. You will be able to improve your technique thanks to the recording that will be available for you to listen to whenever you want.
Recommended if: you want to spend a different time surrounded by stars and update your Instagram with the funniest photos.
Your ticket to the Amsterdam Wax Museum with cruise included
Excellent option if you want to see the sculptures of your favorite stars up close and even take a picture with them. In addition, the ticket includes a cruise tour, excellent to see the city from a different angle.
With this ticket you can access the heart of the Madame Tussauds museum and spend a fun time in one of the most creative and innovative museums. Singers, actors, politicians, athletes, animated movie characters...youwill hardly not recognize the figures presented here. The ticket also includes a GPS audio guide for a more fruitful visit.
As if that were not enough, you will also have the option of a cruise on the Amsterdam canal for an hour to see and learn about the most representative points of Amsterdam from a unique perspective. A ticket that gives you an unforgettable day!
Recommended if: You want to spend a fun and relaxing day combining one of the most popular activities in Amsterdam such as the canal cruise with one of the most original plans in the city: the wax museum.
Why visit Madame Tussauds Amsterdam?
Madame Tussauds is the second largest museum in Amsterdam. Its collection of wax figures includes celebrities, icons and world leaders. George Clooney, David Beckham, Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber or Beyoncé, they're all there!
In addition, at the Amsterdam wax museum you can see centuries-old wax techniques and rub shoulders with world leaders, royal families, politicians, movie stars, athletes and more. Best of all, the museum is very well organized with several zones: Royals, A-List, Marvel's Avengers, Music, Fashion, Sports and World Leaders. Each has its own collection of artistic waxworks.
In recent years, Madam Tussauds in Amsterdam has been constantly modernizing and adding new techniques and multimedia technologies to make your visit something very special.
How much do tickets to Madame Tussauds Amsterdam cost?
Tickets to Madame Tussauds Amsterdam cost 21,50 € for all visitors over 16 years old. Children between the ages of three and 15 pay a discounted admission fee of €17.50.Senior citizens and students do not get any discount at the wax museum.
If you decide to buy your tickets on the premises, you will end up paying a little more: €24.50 for adults and €20.50 for children.Babies two years old and younger get in free of charge.
Is it possible to buy tickets on site, is it advisable?
You can buy Madame Tussauds tickets at the museum entrance and on the day of your visit or book them online in advance. I sincerely recommend you to buy tickets for the museum online, as you can avoid the long lines on days when the museum is flooded with visitors.
Also, when you buy your tickets in advance, you save between 3 and 4 € per ticket and go straight to the museum. Immediately after your purchase, your tickets are sent to you by email, so there is no need to print anything. On the day of your visit, you can show the ticket you received on your smartphone and access the museum immediately. For more information you can also visit the museum's website.
How to get to the Madame Tussauds Amsterdam Museum
Madame Tussauds is located on Dam Square (Dam, 20) in the center of Amsterdam. You can walk here from Amsterdam Central Station in approximately 10 - 15 minutes. When you leave the main entrance of the station, you should walk along the Damrak to the Dam. You will find Madame Tussauds at the dam between Kalverstraat and Rokin.However you also have the convenient option of getting around by public transport.
Many streetcars can bring you close to the wax museum. If you opt for streetcar lines 2, 11, 12, 13, 17, you should get off at the Magna Plaza / Dam stop, and if you get on lines 4, 14, 24, you should do the same at the Bijenkorf / Dam stop.From both stops you will walk to Madame Tussauds in about three minutes.
- If you prefer the metro, take the southbound direction and get off at Rokin. If you plan to reach the wax museum by train, get off at Amsterdam Central Station. Also remember that all Amsterdam tour buses stop near the city's most important museums.
- If you are driving to the museum, you can park at the Bijenkorf parking lot or the Rokin parking lot, both of which are about a five-minute walk from Madame Tussauds.
- Address: Dam 20, 1012 NP, Amsterdam
Is it advisable to go to Madame Tussauds Amsterdam with children?
Of course, visiting the Madame Tussauds Museum is not the same as visiting the Van Gogh Museum or the Rijksmuseum, since in the first case we are talking about a very different model. The Madame Tussauds Museum focuses on realistic representations of famous singers, actors, political figures, historical figures... Therefore, in this museum no distinctions can be made, there are areas for all tastes and ages.
Maybe your children are not very fond of history and art; however, they will surely recognize some of the most famous athletes, actors or singers. Moreover, in the museum itself there is an area focused on representations of cartoons, caricatures and famous Marvel figures.
Also in the wax museum there is a lot of freedom, they can take pictures, touch the waxworks and talk in a normal tone without problems.
Main representations of the Madame Tussauds Amsterdam Museum
To properly answer this section I think it would be more useful to talk about the best collections belonging to each category or area of the museum.
- A-List: In this area are represented the most famous stars of Hollywood. The most popular are the representations of Angelina Jolie, George Clooney and Ryann Gosling
- Music: Here you will see the greatest pop idols of our time. Here you can take pictures with Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Adele or Michael Jackson. Karaoke and dancing make this themed area an interactive experience.
- Marvel © Avengers: In this superhero section you will see representations of the Hulk, Spiderman, Ironman, Thor and many more. The Avengers superheroes in Amsterdam are represented very accurately. To give you an idea, it took 6 weeks just for Loki's head.
- I am Art: Amsterdam is a city of art and paintings, so you can't miss the representations of some of the most famous painters. Rembrandt and Vincent Van Gogh stand out. Of course, if you want to know the artistic side of Van Gogh, I recommend visiting the Museum of the same name.
- Fashion: Here you can see somefashion icons like Kate Moss and Doutzen Kroes.
- Sports: This area is dedicated to the best athletes in the world. Take a selfie with one of the many sports stars such as David Beckham, Lionel Messi or Rafael Nadal.
- World Leaders: Here you can take a picture with the most powerful personalities in the world: idols such as the Dalai Lama and politicians like Barack Obama, Angela Merkel will be waiting for you. Although they are only wax figures, the measurements and details are quite close to reality.
- DJs: Djs in Holland are like superstars. In addition to big Dutch names like Armin Van Buuren and Hardwell, you will also see other electronic stars like Tiësto or Afrojack.
How much time do you need to visit Madame Tussauds Amsterdam?
On average, it takes between 1 and 2 hours to see the entire Madame Tussauds wax figures exhibition. How long your visit takes will depend on how you got your tickets (online or at the box office), what you are interested in seeing, andhow busy the museum is on the day of your visit.
The best time to visit Madame Tussauds Amsterdam is as soon as it opens, at 10 am if you go in the morning, or between 2 pm and 3 pm if you go in the afternoon.Since it generally takes up to two hours to explore the attraction, even if you start at 2 pm, you'll be done before the Wax Museum closes.
If museum occupancy is something you're very concerned about, keep in mind that Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are the best days of the week to visit. I also recommend visiting the city in the months of September in Amsterdam, October in Amsterdam and November in Amsterdam.
Opening hours of the Madame Tussauds Amsterdam Museum
As a general rule, the Madame Tussauds Museum in Amsterdam is open daily from 10 am to 7 pm. Last admission is at 6 pm. There may be exceptions to the general opening hours, for example on King's Day or during school vacations.
Since the opening hours of the Amsterdam Wax Museum vary throughout the year, visiting between 10 am and 4 pm is the safest bet. Last admission is 90 minutes before closing.
The Madame Tussauds Museum in Amsterdam is also known for its long entrance lines, especially during the high season (between April and August), where visitors may have to wait more than 20 minutes.
How to get discounted admission to the Amsterdam Wax Museum?
In general the easiest way to get a discount on your Madame Tussaud's ticket is to book online. Making your reservations through the official museum ticket website will give you a 25 percent discount at that time. You just need to fill in the necessary information and you're done.
However, keep in mind the date of your ticket, as this will affect your experience at the museum, as some of the exhibits may no longer be available for your date, and therefore the discount may not be of much use.
Another great way to save money on your ticket to Madame Tussauds Amsterdam is by having the I Amsterdam Card, one of the best tourist passes for your trip to Amsterdam. You just need to get an I Amsterdam City Card and you will automatically get a sweet discount on your ticket purchase, even when you go to the museum and buy it there. The card can also help you save on your visit to the best museums in Amsterdam. With the Amsterdam City Pass you can also save on visiting the Wax Museum as well as other museums such as Anne Frank.
Where to eat near Madame Tussauds Amsterdam Museum
Near the Madame Tussauds Museum I recommend three dining options. These are 3 different restaurants located in the vicinity of the museum.
- The first option is CAU - Amsterdam, a casual Argentinean fine dining restaurant, specializing in steaks. It has the most extensive Argentine wine list in Amsterdam and a private dining room as well as other facilities. Open from 1pm to 11:30 pm, so it is an option to consider for both lunch and dinner. The average price is 30 euros.
- The second option is The Duchess, a restaurant with a royal style and focus on French and Italian gastronomy (Nouveau-Niçoise cuisine). It has a very pleasant atmosphere. This restaurant is open from 12:30 pm to 10 pm. And the average price is 45 euros.
- The third option, Mr Porter Amsterdam, is more focused on Dutch cuisine with some of its most typical dishes. It has spectacular views, as well as a quiet and pleasant atmosphere, ideal after a visit to the wax museum, and highly recommended for families. This restaurant is open from 11:30 am to 11:30 pm (a very attractive schedule) and the average price is 50 euros.