One of the most popular types of cruises in Paris is a dinner cruise on the Seine. It is undoubtedly a fantastic way to celebrate a special date, enjoy a unique dinner or have a unique image of the city under the beautiful lighting that characterizes the Parisian night. There are several options of dinner cruises that, in general terms, differ in the type of boat, the time of the tour and, of course, the menu. But all of them will make you enjoy a magical evening!
And if you are looking for other leisure proposals for your trip to Paris, visit the post what to see and do in Paris, where you will find various plans for all tastes and ages.
1. Cruises with La Marina de Paris
The Paris Marina: offers two types of dinner cruises in which you will pass under several emblematic bridges of the city and you will be able to see monuments such as the Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Orsay Museum, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum or the French National Assembly, while enjoying a menu that will include several starters, a main course of your choice, dessert and coffee. Boarding takes place at the Port of Solférino next to the Musée d'Orsay.
- Discovery: A cruise with a menu of French cuisine that starts at sunset, around 6:45 p.m., and ends at 8 p.m. for those who prefer an early dinner. The price starts at 69€, 35€ for children from 3 to 11 years old, and lasts an hour and a quarter. In spring and autumn, this mode will coincide with the sunset, an indescribable spectacle.
- Flavors: A cruise with a tasting menu whose tour starts at 9:15 p.m. when it is already dark and you can contemplate all the beauty of the illuminated city. The price starts at 79 € for adults and 35 € for children, and lasts two hours.
- Romantic Paris: A cruise with a French gastronomic menu whose tour starts at 6:45 pm and ends at 8:00 pm. The price starts at 99€ for adults. The main advantage of this option is that the table will be located in a strategic position, next to a glass window.
- Romantic dinner cruise: A cruise with an innovative tasting menu that starts at 9:15 pm and ends at 11:15 pm. The price starts at €99 for adults. This option also has the advantage that the table will be located in a strategic position, next to a glass window.
La Marina de Paris has a vegetarian option, as well as a children's menu for children from 3 to 11 years old. In addition, extra services can be added for an additional fee, such as the choice of table location to match the window, birthday cake, bottle of champagne...
- Starting point... Port of Solférino next to the Musée d'Orsay.
- Duration... From 1:45 h. to 2 h.
- Price... From 69€ to 99€ approx.
2. Cruise with Bateaux Parisiens
On the Bateaux Parisiens cruise: you will take a tour along the Seine from where you will see the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum, the Ile de la Cité and the Musée d'Orsay, among other monuments, while enjoying a dinner menu consisting of a starter, main course and dessert based on typical dishes of French gastronomy and seasonal products. Embarkation takes place at the Port de la Bourdonnais.
The cruise on Bateaux Parisiens also offers two options throughout the day, lasting two and a half hours and including live music.
- Sunset Dinner Cruise: It takes place at 6:15 p.m. and the price starts at 89€ per adult and 34€ per child. The menu consists of a starter, main course and dessert. You have the option to pay an additional supplement from 10 € to be at a table by the window.
- Dinner-Cruise at dusk: It takes place at 20:30 h. and costs from € 99 to € 210 per adult depending on the location of the boat where the table is located and the menu that in addition to starter, main course and dessert may include appetizer with glass of champagne, selection of wines, cheese...
In addition, this company offers a special service on Valentine's Day from 150 €; on the French National Day from 159 €, or on New Year's Eve from 395 €.
- Starting point... Port de la Bourdonnais.
- Duration... 2:30 h.
- Price... between 89€ and 99€ daily and from 150€ to 395€ on special dates.
3. Cruise with Bateaux Mouches
Another option is the Bateaux Mouches restaurant cruise, which offers a tour along the Seine where you can see the Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame Cathedral, La Conciergerie, the Louvre Museum, the Musée d'Orsay, Paris City Hall, the Palais de Justice... while enjoying a full menu with fresh and seasonal products including appetizer, starters, main course, cheese, dessert, tea or coffee. Served with water or soft drinks. The starting point is at the Pont de l'Alma, at the Port de la Conférence.
Bateaux Mouches offers four types of dinner cruises that last from one and a quarter to two and a quarter hours and feature live music.
- Menu - Service 18 h. It has a duration of one hour and fifteen minutes and the departure is at 5:50 p.m. in the evening. The price of the cruise starts at 79€.
- Prestige Menu: It lasts two hours and fifteen minutes and the departure is at 20:30 pm. The price of the cruise starts at 99€.
- Excellence Menu: It lasts two and a quarter hours and the departure is at 8:30 p.m. in the evening. The price of the cruise starts at 139€.
- Marriage proposal: Bateaux Mouche also offers a modality for those who want to seal their engagement in this original way. The price starts at 325€.
In addition, they also offer dinner cruise services on special days such as New Year's Eve from €99, Valentine's Day from €99, July 14th from €180, Mother's Day from €79 or Christmas.
- Starting point... Alma Bridge, at the Port de la Conférence.
- Duration... From 1:15 h. to 2:15 h.
- Price... From 79€ to 325€ daily and from 79€ to 180€ during special dates.
4. Cruise with Le Capitaine Fracasse
The dinner cruise with Le Capitaine Fracasse will take you along the banks of the Seine from where you can see various sites of interest such as the Eiffel Tower, the Ile Saint Louis, the Musée du quai Branly, the National Assembly, the Musée d'Orsay, the Louvre Museum, the Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Ministry of Finance, the National Library, the Statue of Liberty or La Conciergerie. In addition, you will pass under the Pont de l'Alma, the Pont Alexandre III, the Pont Neuf, the Pont de Charles de Gaulle, the Pont de Bercy or the Pasarelle des Arts, while enjoying a dinner with starter, main course and dessert. The departure point is located on the Swan Island, on the Bir-Hakeim Bridge, next to the Eiffel Tower.
Le Capitaine Fracasse has three types of dinners lasting between two hours and two and a quarter hours. Departure is at 8:45 p.m. on weekdays, and on Fridays and Saturdays there are two itineraries, at 6:30 p.m. and 9:15 p.m.
- Fracasse: This option includes starter, main course and dessert, but no drinks. The price starts at 54€ for adults and 35€ for children.
- Amiral: This option also includes a welcome cocktail, half a bottle of wine, mineral water, coffee or tea from 69€, while for children the price starts at 35€.
- Vinophile: This option includes a selection of superior wines or champagne, plus mineral water, coffee or tea. The price starts at 79€ for adults and 35€ for children.
In addition, they also offer special services for Valentine's Day from €89, Christmas Day from €89, New Year's Day from €109 and July 14th from €129.
- Starting point... Swan Island, at Bir-Hakeim Bridge, next to the Eiffel Tower.
- Duration... From 2:00 a.m. to 2:15 a.m.
- Price... From 54€ to 79€ approximately daily and from 89€ to 129€ on special dates.
5. Diamant Bleu Cruise
Diamant Bleu offers a dinner cruise on a panoramic boat with a terrace seating between 150 and 300 people. The departure point is at the Port of Beaugrenelle in front of the Statue of Liberty, under the Grenelle Bridge.
The Diamant Bleu shipping company has a smaller number of services throughout the week and offers two types of services:
Italian Dinner: this service takes place on an intimate and modern air-conditioned boat with a capacity of 70 seats. It lasts 1:45 hours and takes place from Wednesday to Sunday, from 9:00 pm to 10:45 pm, and on Saturdays, from 6:30 pm to 8:15 pm. The Italian food menu consists of a starter, a second course of your choice and dessert. The price starts at 49 €.
Diamond Formula: This service takes place on Saturday nights for a price starting at 69 €. Departure takes place at 9 pm. Regarding the dinner, it consists of a tasting menu that offers a starter, a main course and a dessert to choose. In addition, if you decide to celebrate your birthday at Diamant Bleu, you will be given a free birthday cake. During the tour you will also enjoy live music and you will have the possibility of incorporating additional options such as choosing the location of the table so you can sit by the window for an additional €15.
Starting point... Port de Beaugrenelle in front of the Statue of Liberty, under the Grenelle Bridge.
Duration... 1:45 h.
Price... From 49 € to 85 € approximately.
How much does a dinner cruise in Paris cost?
The cost of a dinner cruise in Paris is very variable depending on the shipping company with which you decide to do it, the type of menu (number of dishes, type of food), the time at which it takes place (at sunset or sunset), the duration of the journey (can be from an hour and a quarter to two and a half hours) and the day on which you do it (there are certain dates in which they have a certain amount as Valentine's Day, Christmas, New Year's Eve ...). Thus, prices range from the cheapest, which are around €49, to the most expensive, which are approximately €400. Regarding children, the menu also depends on many factors but is usually around 35 €.
What are the must-see attractions in Paris?
When you take a night cruise on the Seine you will have the opportunity to enjoy the spectacular illumination of emblematic monuments such as the Eiffel Tower, the Musée d'Orsay, Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Louvre Museum, the Île de la Cité, the Palais Bourbon, La Conciergerie and the National Library of France, among others. I recommend that you pay special attention when passing under the bridges, you will be able to take some dreamy pictures!
Why is it advisable to take a dinner cruise in Paris?
If you ask me if I recommend a dinner cruise on the Seine, without a doubt, I will say yes. It is a fantastic plan if you have a special date to celebrate, and if it is not the case, it is also an experience that you should not miss, because having the chance to see from the banks of the Seine the most emblematic monuments of the "City of Light" when night falls and lights up is a unique experience. And what better way than enjoying a delicious gourmet dinner. The most romantic plan if you go with your partner, and unforgettable if you go with your family or friends.
And so you are not late for this date with the Seine, read the post how to get around Paris.
On the other hand, keep in mind that you have the possibility to take a daytime cruise to contemplate the city under the sunlight. If you want to know more about this experience do not hesitate to read the post cruises on the Seine where you will find the best proposals.
And, of course, I also advise you to read the article the 10 best excursions so you can write down other plans for your trip.