If there is something that Malaga has is that it is so vibrant that it can be toured in multiple ways. One of the ways that I like the most to make a good reconnaissance route through the city, is on foot.
On the other hand, you have other options like the segway or the tuk tuk, both very popular in the city, and also represent an interesting and fun activity to include among the things to see and do in Malaga, but they are not the only tours you can experience in the city, I tell you more.
1. Express Tour around Malaga in electric tuk tuk
The Tuk Tuk is one of the most fun means of transportation that you can use in Malaga. You will get on it and you will be able to know everything the city has to offer. During the tour you will be accompanied by an expert guide who will explain everything you need to know about Malaga, its culture and history.
On this tour you will see the most interesting places of the city, from the Cathedral to places of great history such as the Alcazaba, the Castle of Gibralfaro, the University of Malaga, the Bank of Spain, among other places of tourist interest.
- Price: Approximately 34 euros per person.
- Duration: It lasts approximately one hour touring the city.
- Means of transport: You will have to get to the starting point on your own. Once the tour departs, it is completed in the electric tuk tuk.
- Advantages of this experience: A tour guide is included as a companion who will tell you what you need to know about Malaga and its culture. All the equipment and explanations necessary for you to use the electric Tuk Tuk are included. If you do this experience in winter, you have access to blankets for the cold and you can put the protective layer against wind and rain that has the Tuk Tuk.
- Disadvantages of this experience: It is not accessible for people in wheelchairs. Babies are not allowed on the trip, being 2 years old the minimum age to participate. In case of delay, the route will be modified and the time of the delay will be reduced from the trip. The route may be cancelled in case of delay of 15 minutes or more.
2. Sightseeing bus tour of the whole city of Malaga
One of the things I like most about this Malaga city sightseeing bus tour is that it allows you to see the city both by land and by water. The flexible city pass is a real gem because you have access to participate in a boat ride from Malaga that runs along the Costa del Sol, but you also have the possibility to get on the bus throughout the central and surrounding areas of Malaga.
In the case of the tourist bus of Malaga, you can get on one or the three lines offered by this service. You have 24 hours to get on the bus and not miss a single place of tourist interest in the city. One of the biggest advantages of this service is that it takes you from some of the 10 best museums in Malaga, to more relaxed places like the coast and beaches.
During the tour you can choose to stay listening to the audio guide without getting off the bus and looking at each of the interesting places, or you can get off as many times as you want at each of the stops to walk around each of the tourist sites.
- Price: Around 25 euros per person.
- Duration: If you do the whole tour without making any stops, it can take between 30 and 80 minutes.
- Means of transport: The whole tour is done in the tourist bus. On your own you must get to the stop closest to your place of accommodation.
- Advantages of this experience: It is a tour with audio guide in many languages. You have three lines to choose from and get to know the most iconic places of the city and some nearby towns.
- Disadvantages of this experience: No snacks or drinks are offered, no transfer from your hotel or back, but you do have the option to buy if you make the trip by boat.
3. Walking tour through the historic center of Malaga
This is the perfect tour if you are going to Malaga for a day, because it is a walking tour through the historic center of the city, which will make you know a little more about the city you are visiting and how rich its culture is.
A guide will accompany you on this adventure to introduce you to historic Malaga, which has been accumulating stories and popular culture since the time of Islamic Spain. This is not a tour to stop at every monument and go inside, but rather a panoramic visit of a city that mixes the ancient with the dizzying present.
Among the sights you will see during your tour of the area are the Cathedral of Malaga, Calle Larios, the Central Market of Atarazanas, among other icons of the city of Malaga.
- Price: From 8 euros per person.
- Duration: It has an approximate duration of 1 hour and a half.
- Means of transport: To get to the meeting point you will have to go on your own. Once you arrive, the tour is completed on foot.
- Advantages of this experience: You will be accompanied by an expert guide who will tell you everything you need and/or want to know about Malaga and its history. It is a wheelchair accessible tour and strollers are also welcome. Assistance animals are welcome.
- Disadvantages of this experience: There is no transportation to and from your accommodation. No entrance fee or visit to any of the tourist sites inside is included.
4. Electric bike ride around the city
This tour is done by electric bike, which is a great advantage because you avoid any fatigue that can generate pedaling for hours. This is an ideal tour if you are looking to get to know Malaga from an architectural, cultural and historical point of view. At all times you will be accompanied by an expert guide who will show you the best side of the city.
In addition, at the end of the experience you will climb with the rest of the group up to the Gibralfaro Castle, where you can rest a little to recover energy and contemplate the postcard view that can be seen from the top. Once you have recovered your energy, it's time to go back down.
Details of interest
- Price: From 30 euros per person.
- Duration: The entire tour takes approximately two hours.
- Means of transport: You must get to the meeting point on your own. Once at the place, the tour is completed by bicycle.
- Advantages of this experience: You have at your disposal the electric bicycle, helmet, an optional reflective vest and a baby seat if required. You will also have at your disposal a tour guide who will accompany you throughout the tour.
- Disadvantages of this experience: It is not suitable for pregnant women, nor for people who suffer from back problems. It is not accessible for people in wheelchairs. If you do not know how to ride a normal bicycle, you will not be able to do the tour. Drinks and snacks are not included.
5. Night tour and pub crawl of Malaga
This is a fun tour to do with friends and family if your family likes to enjoy good drinks and wines. On this night tour you will not only enjoy the enveloping flavors of the traditional Spanish liquor, but you will also get a front row view of Malaga's nightlife.
An expert guide will take you through the different bars, pubs and nightclubs of the city, so you will have a quality experience enjoying the active nightlife in Malaga. This city is very young and jovial, so if you plan to meet people and make friends, this is a plan that I recommend you to include in your list of things to do in Malaga at night.
- Price: 16 euros per person, approximately.
- Duration: It can last between 3 and 5 hours.
- Means of transport: You must arrive on your own at the meeting point. The rest of the tour is done on foot.
- Advantages of this experience: You can meet other travelers. Some drinks are included during the tour. You will also have the company of an expert guide who will give you the best recommendations on drinks and beverages.
- Disadvantages of this experience: Transportation to and from your accommodation is not included. Refreshments are not included. Not accessible for people in wheelchairs. Not recommended for people with back problems or pregnant women. Semi-formal dress code is expected.
6. Segway tour of the best of Malaga
I think one of the best ways to tour the city without a doubt is by segway, it is a fun, fast and light way to know each of the sights of Malaga. In this tour you will go in the company of your tour guide to incredible places of the city.
One of the tourist sites that you will get to know in this tour is the cathedral of Malaga, which is popularly known as the manquita. The tour starts at the Paseo del Parque, the place where the Palmeral de las Sorpresas is located.
You will also have the opportunity to visit the Picasso Museum in Malaga, for which I recommend you to check prices and opening hours. The Plaza Merced is another must on this segway tour. The Alcazaba, the Plaza de Toros and the Gibralfaro Castle are other destinations that you will know in this route.
- Price: It has an approximate price of 55 euros per person.
- Duration: This segway tour tends to last approximately 2 hours.
- Means of transportation: To start the tour you will have to get to the starting point on your own. Once at the site, the tour is done entirely by segway.
- Advantages of this experience: Helmets and all the safety elements for the ride are included. You will also be accompanied by an experienced tour guide.
- Disadvantages of this experience: It is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back problems or reduced mobility. It is not a tour suitable for people in wheelchairs. There must be a minimum number of participants and the weather must be good to carry out the activity, otherwise it may be cancelled without prior notice.
7. Visit the Roman Theater and the Alcazaba Castle on foot
The Alcazaba is one of the most special places of historical and cultural interest in Malaga. Inside this place you will be able to understand a little more about the history of Islamic Spain. On this tour the local guide will take you inside the structure and explain everything you need to know about this place.
Also during this experience you will be able to visit the Roman Theater, which will help you understand much better how Roman culture functioned in the country during the time when the Romans inhabited these territories. In this tour with all tickets included you will get to know the other side of Malaga, the one that keeps history inside.
Details of interest
- Price: From 16 euros per person.
- Duration: This tour has an approximate duration of 1 hour and a half.
- Means of transportation: You must arrive on your own at the meeting point, and from there the tour will be on foot for the rest of the experience.
- Advantages of this experience: A professional local guide is included, as well as the payment of all taxes and entrance fees. Entrance to the Alcazaba and the Roman Theater is included.
- Disadvantages of this experience: Transportation from your accommodation to the meeting point and vice versa is not included. Meals and/or beverages are not included, nor are snacks.
8. Quad biking tour through the nature of Malaga
If you like extreme adventures and enjoy experiences different from the typical city of Malaga, then you have to do this tour through all the nature that surrounds the city. It is a quad tour that will take you in the company of an expert guide, to the countryside around Malaga.
You will be able to visit the place from where airplanes take off and land constantly. You will pass through fields, dirt roads and rivers, living a real extreme adventure. Children must be over 7 years old to participate in this experience, and must be accompanied by their parents or guardians to participate.
Details of interest
- Price: Approximately 87 euros per person.
- Duration: It lasts at least two hours.
- Means of transportation: To get to the starting point you must travel on your own either by rental car, cab or public transportation.
- Advantages of this experience: It is a tour that can be chosen for a small group. You will be accompanied by an expert guide who will take you to the most intrepid places of Malaga's nature. You will also have the opportunity to choose the language in which you want to live this experience. You will have an informative and safety briefing before departure.
- Disadvantages of this experience: No meals, drinks or snacks are included. Tips to the tour guides are not included. You are not allowed to wear open shoes.
9. Wine and tapas tour by night in Malaga city
This is one of the tours that I like the most because besides knowing the most incredible places that Malaga has to show, you will be able to taste the different flavors of this city. This is a night tour that takes you to different bars in the city, where you can also see some of the best flamenco shows in Malaga.
This tour is excellent to include in your list of things to see and do in Malaga at night because it allows you to get a close look at Malaga's nightlife, while showing you the flavors of Spanish cuisine through tapas of different ingredients and sweet and refreshing wines.
- Price: It has an approximate price of 72 euros per person.
- Duration: It can last around three and a half hours.
- Means of transport: To get to the meeting point you must arrive by public transport, rental car or cab. The rest of the tour is done on foot.
- Advantages of this experience: You will have an expert guide who will take you to taste the best tapas and tell you all about the history of the city. Includes dinner, tapas and wine tasting.
- Disadvantages of this experience: No transfer to and from the hotel. Tips and personal expenses of each participant are not included.
10. Aerial tour of Malaga by helicopter
If there is a special way to see the city it is from the air. This tour will take you to fly over the city of Malaga by helicopter. During 20 minutes you will be able to appreciate from the air all the landscape and the colorfulness of this area.
This is an experience for a maximum of 6 people inside the helicopter. In addition, the pilot of the aircraft is also a tour guide and will show you the most iconic places of the city from the air. Without a doubt this is one of the 10 best activities you can do in Malaga.
Details of interest
- Price: It has an approximate price of 235 euros.
- Duration: The flight will last approximately 20 minutes.
- Means of transportation: To get to the heliport, you will have to travel on your own by public transportation, rental car or cab. The rest of the trip will be done by helicopter.
- Advantages of this experience: You will have at your disposal an expert pilot with enough flight hours and a tour guide. You will also be given a safety briefing before departure.
- Disadvantages of this experience: It is not suitable for pregnant women or people with back problems. There cannot be more than 6 people in one helicopter.
Advantages of taking a tour of Malaga vs. visiting the city on my own
- Guided tour of Malaga
- You will have historical and cultural comments about each place to visit.
- You will save time getting to know places in a single route.
- You will not need to queue to enter certain places.
- You will meet new people during your trip to Malaga.
- Visiting Malaga on your own
- You will have no commentary and will not learn about the history and culture of Malaga.
- You will waste time or miss interesting places due to lack of organization on the route.
- You will have to wait in line to get into each of the places to visit.
- You will only be with your group of friends and family, you will hardly meet new people.