The Alhambra in Granada is one of the most beautiful monuments in Spain and one of the most visited. If during a trip to the Nasrid city you wish to visit it, the first thing to do is to check the opening hours to plan your visit.
Opening hours of the Alhambra
The Alhambra is open every day of the week, from Monday to Sunday. The opening hours of the entire monumental complex of the Alhambra of Granada (Alcazaba, Nasrid Palaces, Generalife, Palace of Charles V and Bath of the Mosque) are as follows:
- Daytime winter opening hours (from October 15 to March 31): Monday to Sunday from 8:30 AM to 6 PM
- Evening visit during winter hours (October 15 to March 31): Fridays and Saturdays, 8 PM to 9:30 PM
- Daytime visits during summer hours (from April 1 to October 14): Monday to Sunday, 8:30 AM to 8 PM.
- Summer evening visit (from April 1 to October 14): Tuesday to Saturday, from 10 PM to 11:30 PM
Schedules of guided tours to the Alhambra
For guided tours of the Alhambra, there are usually several passes per day: in Hellotickets, for example, the first visits start at 10:30 AM and there is also the possibility of doing them at 12 PM or 5 PM, so you can organize your visit depending on the plan you have planned for the rest of the day.
Although you can visit the Alhambra of Granada on your own, if it is the first time you visit this important monumental complex and you are not familiar with its history and the different spaces that compose it, my advice is to book a guided tour of the Alhambra to discover with an expert guide all the corners and curiosities of the Nasrid palace city.
You will have a much more complete and interesting vision not only about its historical but also artistic dimension. The guided tours to the Alhambra of Granada take place during the opening hours of the monument.
Night timetable to visit the Alhambra
If it is the first time you travel to Granada you probably want to visit the Alhambra during the day but if you want to enjoy a quiet visit without crowds, an excellent option is the night tickets.
If the beauty of the Alhambra is striking in daylight, at night it is even more so. The illumination envelops the palatine city in an enigmatic and fascinating atmosphere. To contemplate it in the moonlight and in the stillness of the night is a magical experience.
- Night visit in winter schedule (from October 15 to March 31): Fridays and Saturdays, from 8 PM to 9:30 PM
- Night visit during summer hours (from April 1 to October 14): Tuesday to Saturday, from 10 PM to 11:30 PM
In the article Night tours of the Alhambra I tell you everything you need to know about this kind of tours that discover the most enigmatic and intimate side of the monument. You will love them!
Timetable of the Generalife
Take note of the opening hours to visit the Generalife Gardens and Palace, the summer villa where the sultans of Granada retired to rest and escape the formalities of the court.
The Generalife Palace and its gardens is one of the most popular areas of the Alhambra along with the Nasrid Palaces.
- Daytime visit in winter schedule (from October 15 to March 31): Monday to Sunday from 8:30 AM to 6 PM
- Daytime visits during summer hours (from April 1 to October 14): Monday to Sunday from 8:30 AM to 8 PM
- Winter night visits (from November 15 to March 31: Tuesday to Saturday from 10 PM to 11:30 PM).
- Summer night visits (from April 1 to November 14): Friday and Saturday from 8 PM to 9:30 PM
Timetable of the Nasrid Palaces
It is the most visited part of the Alhambra in Granada and where the Nasrid kings resided. During the tour, the access to the Nasrid Palaces must be done at the time indicated on the entrance ticket as only this part of the monumental complex will be accessible during these hours.
Remember that the visit to the Alhambra must be organized according to the time of entry to the Nasrid Palaces and be punctual due to the existing capacity control.
- Daytime visit (from October 15 to March 31): Monday to Sunday from 8:30 AM to 6 PM
- Daytime visit (from April 1 to October 14): Monday to Sunday from 8:30 AM to 8 PM
- Night visit (from October 15 to March 31): Friday and Saturday from 8 PM to 9:30 PM
- Night visit (from April 1 to October 14): Tuesday to Saturday from 10 PM to 11:30 PM
What is the best time to visit the Alhambra in Granada?
Early in the morning
Generally, the best time to visit the Alhambra in Granada is early in the morning when it opens its doors. It is usually not crowded and you will be able to visit all the areas of the monument at your leisure. In addition, after the visit you will have the rest of the day to do other activities around the city. If you want to know what else you can do in Granada do not miss the post The best excursions and guided tours in Granada.
The number of visitors is also lower around 3 or 4 PM so after eating in a restaurant near the Alhambra, the afternoon is also a good time to visit it. In addition, you will have the chance to enjoy the sunset while strolling within its walls, which is considered the most beautiful in Spain.
In the evening
However, night visits to the Alhambra in Granada are fascinating because thanks to the special lighting of the palatine city, the experience of visiting it in the silence of the night becomes magical.
When is the Alhambra closed?
The Alhambra in Granada is open every day of the year except December 25th and January 1st. Even so, if there is any change of plans or the monument has to close in the unlikely event of an incident or unforeseen event, you can check by doing a Google search before traveling.
Finally, if you are planning to visit the Alhambra soon, to get the most out of this fantastic experience I recommend reading the article Tips for visiting the Alhambra where you will find more useful tips.