Luxor Day Trip from Cairo by Plane
About this activity
Smartphone tickets accepted
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
On this 1-day tour from Cairo, you will have the opportunity to visit one of the most important cities in southern Egypt and its most important historical monuments. This is a private tour that allows you to enjoy a more intimate and personalised experience with your trusted companions.
You will discover the fascinating history of ancient Egypt with the help of an expert guide, who will explain many interesting facts about the different monuments you will visit, including the Valley of the Kings, the Colossi of Memnon and the temples of Karnak .
- Visit Luxor, one of Egypt's most important tourist destinations, on a 1-day tour.
- Learn about the history and architecture of the sites you will visit from an expert guide.
- See some of the most important monuments in the area, such as the Temple of Luxor and the Valley of the Kings.
- Enjoy an exquisite lunch at a local restaurant
- Travel in comfort with airfare included in this activity
- Excursion to Luxor from Cairo
- Round-trip air tickets
- Expert guide
Select participants and date
Step by Step
On this guided tour you will have the opportunity to travel to the city of Luxor from Cairo by plane with tickets included in the activity. It will be a private tour, in which you will enjoy a personalised and trustworthy tour with your fellow travellers.
Throughout the day, you will learn, from an expert guide, many interesting facts about the history and architecture of the places you will visit, including some of the most important archaeological finds in history .
Some of the main sites you will be able to visit are the following:
- Valley of the Kings: an archaeological site located on the west bank of the Nile River, where the tombs of many New Kingdom pharaohs are located. It was used as a burial place from the 16th century BC to the 11th century BC, and has some of the most impressive and art-rich tombs of the period.
- Deir el Bahari: a complex of temples and tombs located on the west bank of the Nile. It was built during the 11th Dynasty and later renovated and expanded by Queen Hatshepsut during the 18th Dynasty. The complex includes the Temple of Hatshepsut, the tomb of the vizier Amenhotep Huy and other tombs of high-ranking officials.
- Colossi of Memnon: two huge stone statues representing Pharaoh Amenhotep III. They are located on the west bank of the Nile near Luxor and date from the 14th century BC.
- Temple of Luxor: a temple complex on the east bank of the Nile, which was built in honour of the god Amun during the New Kingdom between the 14th and 12th centuries BC.
- Karnak Temple: one of the largest and oldest temples in Egypt. It is located on the east bank of the Nile at Luxor. It was built during the New Empire, between the 16th and 11th centuries BC.
During your visit to Luxor, you will also have the opportunity to enjoy a delicious lunch of local Egyptian food in one of the city's restaurants. This will allow you to deepen your knowledge of the customs and culture of the country through its gastronomy, dishes and recipes.
A day full of mythology, temples, culture and good food, ideal for lovers of knowledge, history and gastronomy.
At the end of the day, you will fly back from Luxor to Cairo, as the activity includes all transfers.
Other Things You Should Know
Other activities in Cairo
Cairo Dinner Cruise on the Nile
4x4 Desert Safari, Sand Surfing, and Camel Ride in Cairo
From Cairo: Desert Safari, Waterfalls, Sand boarding and Camel ride with Lunch
Quad Bike Trip At Desert of Giza Pyramids
Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Memphis and Sakkara Private Tour
Private Day Tour To Luxor from Cairo by Plane
Short Felucca Trip On The Nile In Cairo
Luxury Felucca on the Nile with Lunch
Overnight White Desert Safari Camping from Cairo
Dinner Nile Cruise (Evening + Includes Private Transport)