Giza Pyramids Day Trip from Cairo
About this activity
Smartphone tickets accepted
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
Join this private tour to visit the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx from Cairo. The tour lasts around 5 hours, during which you will be accompanied by an expert guide . From the guide, you will learn many interesting facts about the history and cultural importance of these monuments in Egypt.
You will also have the opportunity to get on the back of a camel and enjoy a ride around these impressive constructions that are more than 4,000 years old. An activity full of culture and beauty, ideal for history and nature lovers.
- Discover Egypt's most emblematic monuments on a 5-hour private tour.
- Learn many interesting facts about the pyramids and the Great Sphinx from an expert guide.
- Enjoy a camel ride through the desert while taking in the breathtaking views of one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- There are 4 options: transfer only, transfer + guide, transfer + guide + entrance fees. Transfer + guide + entrance fees + lunch
- Private tour to the pyramids of Giza (if option is chosen)
- Expert guide (if option is chosen)
- Entrance fees to the monuments (if the option is chosen)
Select participants and date
Step by Step
On this tour you will have the opportunity, for about 5 hours, to visit the pyramids of Giza, one of the oldest standing constructions in the world, with more than 4,000 years of history . Throughout the activity, you will be accompanied by an expert guide, thanks to whom you will learn about the history of these monuments and their importance in the Ancient Egyptian culture.
The tour also includes a camel ride, which will allow you to enjoy the experience of seeing the pyramids like a real desert Bedouin. Some of the main monuments you will see during the tour are as follows:
- Pyramids of Giza: The Pyramids of Giza are the most recognisable and iconic symbol of ancient Egyptian civilisation. They are believed to have been built more than 4,500 years ago as tombs for the pharaohs and their queens.
- Menkaura Pyramid Complex: One of the smallest pyramid complexes in Giza, but no less impressive. The main pyramid is 65 metres high and is flanked by two smaller pyramids.
- Great Pyramid of Cheops: This is the largest of the pyramids at Giza and is believed to have been built over 4,500 years ago. It is 147 metres high and is surrounded by two smaller pyramids.
- Pyramid of Chephren: The Pyramid of Chephren is the second largest of the pyramids of Giza and is located right next to the Great Pyramid of Cheops. It is 136 metres high and is the only one of the pyramids that still has some of its original cladding at the top.
- Great Sphinx: The Great Sphinx is a huge limestone statue depicting the head of a pharaoh and the body of a lion. It is located on the Giza plateau and is believed to have been built over 4,500 years ago. With a height of 20 metres and a length of 73 metres, it is one of the largest statues in the world.
At the end of the activity, you will be taken back to the original starting point, as it is a round trip.
Departure and Return
Other Things You Should Know
Other activities in Cairo
Cairo Dinner Cruise on the Nile
4x4 Desert Safari, Sand Surfing, and Camel Ride in Cairo
From Cairo: Desert Safari, Waterfalls, Sand boarding and Camel ride with Lunch
Quad Bike Trip At Desert of Giza Pyramids
Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Memphis and Sakkara Private Tour
Private Day Tour To Luxor from Cairo by Plane
Short Felucca Trip On The Nile In Cairo
Luxury Felucca on the Nile with Lunch
Overnight White Desert Safari Camping from Cairo
Dinner Nile Cruise (Evening + Includes Private Transport)