Giza Pyramids, Saqqara and Memphis Day Trip from Cairo
About this activity
Smartphone tickets accepted
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
Join this private tour to visit the pyramids of Giza, the pyramids of Saqqara and the city of Memphis from Cairo. The tour lasts around 8 hours, during which you will be accompanied by an expert guide, if you wish. From the guide, you will learn many interesting facts about the history and cultural importance of these monuments in Egypt.
For your convenience, the activity includes pick-up and drop-off in a private vehicle from your hotel to all the sites you will visit, as well as the return journey. An experience full of culture and beauty, ideal for history and tourism lovers .
- Discover the most emblematic monuments of Egypt in a private tour of about 8 hours.
- Learn many interesting facts about the pyramids, Saqqara and Memphis from an expert guide.
- Travel in comfort in a private vehicle, and enjoy the journey from your hotel to the various monuments you will see.
- Choose from 4 different optionsfor this activity according to your interests and budget.
- Excursion to the Pyramids of Giza
- Excursion to Saqqara cemetery
- Excursion to Memphis
- Expert guide (if option is chosen)
Select participants and date
Step by Step
On this private guided tour you will have the opportunity, for about 8 hours, to visit the pyramids of Giza, the cemetery of Saqqara and the city of Memphis, three of the oldest standing archaeological complexes in the world, with more than 4,500 years of history.
Throughout the activity, you will be accompanied by an expert guide, thanks to whom you will learn about the history of these monuments and their importance in Ancient Egyptian culture.
Some of the main sites you will see during the tour are the following:
- Pyramids of Giza: The Pyramids of Giza are the most recognized and emblematic symbol of the ancient Egyptian civilization. They are believed to have been built more than 4,500 years ago as tombs for the pharaohs and their queens.
- Great Pyramid of Cheops: This is the largest of the pyramids at Giza. It is 147 metres high and is surrounded by two smaller pyramids.
- Great Sphinx: The Great Sphinx is a huge limestone statue representing the head of a pharaoh and the body of a lion. It is located on the Giza plateau and is also believed to have been built over 4,500 years ago. With a height of 20 metres and a length of 73 metres, it is one of the largest statues in the world.
- Saqqara Cemetery: One of the most important archaeological sites in Egypt. It is the site of the Step Pyramid of Djoser, the first pyramid built in Egypt, dating back to the 27th century BC. The cemetery at Saqqara is an impressive testimony to Egyptian funerary art and a window into life and death in ancient Egyptian civilisation.
- Memphis: Memphis was the capital of Ancient Egypt and one of the country's most important political and cultural centres. Although much of the city is in ruins, there are still some remnants of its past glory that can be visited, such as the Temple of Ptah, the patron god of Memphis, as well as various colossi and statues of Pharaoh Ramses II, which date back to the 13th century BC.
At the end of the tour, you will be driven back to Cairo, as this is a round-trip tour .
Departure and Return
Other Things You Should Know
Other activities in Cairo
Cairo Dinner Cruise on the Nile
4x4 Desert Safari, Sand Surfing, and Camel Ride in Cairo
From Cairo: Desert Safari, Waterfalls, Sand boarding and Camel ride with Lunch
Quad Bike Trip At Desert of Giza Pyramids
Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Memphis and Sakkara Private Tour
Private Day Tour To Luxor from Cairo by Plane
Short Felucca Trip On The Nile In Cairo
Luxury Felucca on the Nile with Lunch
Overnight White Desert Safari Camping from Cairo
Dinner Nile Cruise (Evening + Includes Private Transport)