The Andalusian metropolis boasts three vital things for the tourist: delicious gastronomy, the scene of different civilizations and an enviable transportation network. Among the many things you can see and do in Seville, the excursion from Seville to Cordoba stands out.
For this type of excursion you need only one day to visit the most emblematic places such as the Alcazar, the Mosque - Cordoba Cathedral, the Jewish Quarter and Carmona, in guided tours that suit your budget.
1. Tour to Cordoba and Carmona from Seville with priority entrance fees
Tour Cordoba from head to toe on this day tour with transportation included and accompanied by an expert guide. This type of experience usually starts at 9 am to tour the city throughout the day.
The tour will start in Seville and head to Cordoba, where you will arrive in about an hour and a half.
Once at your destination, the official guide will show you the main streets of the city. With his explanations, you will understand much better what hides the Palacio de la Merced, the Plaza de la Corredera, the Roman Temple, the Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba and the Calahorra Tower.
Through the streets of Cordoba even Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker arrived directly from Star Wars and during your tour you can take a picture on the Roman Bridge, one of the scenes of Game of Thrones.
Details of interest
- Price: from 87 €.
- Duration: between 9 - 10 hours of travel.
- Means of transport: private transport from Seville. Some of these tours give you the facility to arrive on your own by train, you can get tickets from 15 €.
- Pros: the convenience of the transfer included, local and specialized guide, groups of maximum 30 people, flexibility in schedules. Within the itinerary you will have time to rest for lunch, take a walk or do some shopping.
- Cons: although groups are often between 10 and 15 people, they can be large, especially in high season.
2. Historical tour to Cordoba and Carmona
This is one of the best tours and excursions from Seville. During it you will be able to see the Patios de San Basilio, the Castle of Almodovar del Rio, the Roman Bridge, the Mosque-Cathedral, the Calahorra Tower and the Synagogue.
The guided tour adds a tour of one of the iconic archaeological sites of Seville. This type of tour usually includes, in addition, a stop along the way to see all that the Sevillian town of Carmona has to offer.
In this town we usually visit the Archaeological Ensemble of Carmona composed of a necropolis and an amphitheater from the first and second centuries AD.
The tour requires about 2 hours in this complex and, if you decide to add this excursion to your list of things to do in Seville in December, the guided tour could lead you through the secret spaces of the complex.
Carla's traveler trip
The Alcázar de los Reyes Cristianos is closed on Mondays and tour operators usually substitute it for more time in La Judería, if you want to see the Alcázar, you can take the tour between Tuesday and Sunday.
- Price: from 146 € (minimum two people, prices vary by operator and number of people on each tour).
- Duration: between 9 - 10 hours of tour.
- Means of transport: transport included from Seville. Some of these tours give you the facility to arrive on your own by train, you can get tickets from 15 €.
- Pros: the reduced number of people (maximum 8 travelers), flexibility in schedules and personalized attention.
- Cons: If you are traveling alone this option is not so profitable.
3. Full private tour to Cordoba and Carmona for small groups
This type of experience will allow you to get to know the Andalusian territory in the way you want and with the greatest possible flexibility.
The adventure usually begins with the pick-up of the passengers at a hotel in Seville, although on other occasions you may be picked up at a point close to your accommodation.
Once in Cordoba, the minivan will take you to the Alcázar de los Reyes Cristianos, the Julio Romero de Torres Museum, where an exquisite selection of the famous Cordovan painter is exhibited, the Jewish Quarter of Cordoba, the Municipal Souk, the historic center of Cordoba and the Cathedral Quarter.
During this tour you will have stops to visit each of the monuments, highlighting the guided visit to the Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba.
One of the attractions of this tour is the completeness of the stops included, note that it is the only one to stop at the museums.
On the other hand, the groups are up to 8 people, the personalized experience is charming and the prices are attractive, with a variable rate. Ideally, get together with your friends or family and fill the seats of 8 participants to get the best price.
- Price: from 390 €.
- Duration: between 10 -12 hours depending on the operator.
- Means of transport: an air-conditioned minivan with baby seats available.
- Pros: it is a tour designed for your group of family or friends, with round trip service, multilingual guide and entrance fees to the different monuments.
- Cons: The price is higher if you evaluate it individually, however, it is worth it when it comes to groups, the value for money and privacy are great.
- I recommend this option if you want something more private and intimate for your family circle. In addition, this type of experience is adapted for people in wheelchairs, babies and assistance pets.
How to get to Cordoba from Seville on your own?
You may prefer to visit Cordoba from Seville on your own. Although this option has the disadvantage of having to organize everything yourself and, above all, of not having a guide to explain what you are seeing, the transport system in this part of Andalusia allows you to visit and return on the same day.
Option 1: By train
In general, Spain's railway system is one of the best in Europe. So traveling by train is one of the best options, although it tends to be a bit more expensive than using the bus.
The train ride from Seville to Cordoba takes about 45 minutes. Depending on the day, you can get offers from 12 €, if you buy itin advance online.
On the other hand, if you want to buy your train ticket at the ticket offices of the Sevilla-Santa Justa station, the approximate price is 19 €. It will also depend on the time you decide to buy and the category of your ticket.
Option 2: By bus
If traveling implies in your case to make savings at all costs, this option could be convenient for you.
Bus tickets can be purchased from 13 € at Seville station. While by train it takes about 45 minutes from Seville, by bus you will need about 2 hours to get to Cordoba. Even so, the bus is still the cheapest option.
Option 3: By car
Traveling in your own car gives you the flexibility to choose the schedule, the route you want and the best company. It's an all-in-one option that is worth it if you want to tour Andalucia.
The route between Seville-Cordoba is very easy since you only have to go directly on the A4. The travel time is about 1 hour and a half, depending on traffic.
However, when arriving in Cordoba it is important to know that it is almost impossible to parkin the center of the city, the best option is to go to a public parking.
In any case, if you want a stress-free option, with cheap prices, an expert guiding the way and the passage through the emblematic places of Cordoba without missing the anecdotes, it is best to take a tour.
Comparison of complete tours from Cordoba to Seville
- Tour to Cordoba and Carmona
- Starting at 87 €.
- Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba, La Juderia, Synagogue, Roman Bridge and Los Patios De San Basilio.
- Groups up to 30 people.
- Historical tour to Cordoba and Carmona
- From 146 €.
- Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba, La Juderia, Synagogue, Roman Bridge, Los Patios De San Basilio, Mudejar Chapel of San Bartolome and the Archaeological Ensemble of Carmona.
- Group up to 4 people.
- Complete private tour to Cordoba and Carmona
- From 390 €.
- Includes Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba, La Juderia, Synagogue, Roman Bridge, Los Patios De San Basilio, historic center of Cordoba, Julio Romero de Torres Museum.
- Private group up to 8 people.
What will I see on this type of excursion from Seville to Cordoba?
During the different types of tours they are usually visited:
- The Alcazar of the Christian Monarchs, a World Cultural Heritage Site.
- The Museum of Julio Romero de Torres, which houses the largest collection of the famous painter from Cordoba.
- The Mosque - Cathedral of Cordoba.
- The Jewish Quarter of Cordoba.
- The Patios of San Basilio.
- The Synagogue of Cordoba.
- The Municipal Souk, an emblematic handicraft market in Andalusia.
- The Bullfighting Museum.
- The Cathedral Quarter.
Why is it advisable to take an excursion to Cordoba?
- You only need 1 day to enjoy these tours. Any weekend getaway, day off or vacation is a perfect occasion to take it.
- Prices are cheap. Often there are offers. In Hellotickets you will find the best prices.
- It is one of the things to do in Seville with children.
- They are excursions among the cultural jewels of Andalusia, one of the most outstanding historical heritages of Spain. Do you dare to visit it?