On the shores of the Mediterranean, Malaga is a city with a gastronomy rich in seafood par excellence. But also within the city you will find much more than just seafood tapas or paellas.
This type of gastronomic tours take you to know the flavors and smells of the vibrant Malaga. From wine tasting tours to flamenco tablaos where eating is the best way to enjoy the show. The gastronomic tour is one of those must see and do activities in Malaga.
1. Chocolate making experience
In this chocolate making experience you will feel like a master chocolatier because not only will you have the opportunity to make your own chocolate, but you will also learn the techniques used by the experts to make them. This experience is ideal for the whole family, so it is one of the activities that I like to include among the things to see and do in Malaga with children.
You can learn to make different figures and chocolate-based products, you also have two workshop options, one very basic express learning and another a little more advanced premium learning, in which they teach you a lot of chocolate techniques. Of course, part of the advantage of these workshops is that you will be able to taste all the varieties of chocolate available.
You have different ingredients available to elaborate and decorate your respective chocolate products, whether they are truffles, bonbons or other similar things. Among the ingredients you have to choose from are fruits, sea salt, caramel, among other delicious ingredients that match the top quality chocolate. The company that provides the chocolate workshop is awarded and recognized for its quality.
Details of interest
- Price: Around 21 euros per person.
- Duration: The tour can last about an hour and a half.
- Means of transportation: The whole experience is done on foot and you must get to the workshop on your own.
- Advantages of this experience: It is adapted for all family members. A master chocolatier will teach you everything you need to know to make chocolate figures. It is accessible for people in wheelchairs. Entrance to the workshop and chocolate tasting are included.
- Disadvantages of this experience: You do not have transportation to the place where the workshop will take place. You will not have access to snacks or beverages during the workshop.
2. Wine and Tapas Night Tour in Malaga
This is one of my favorite tours because during three and a half hours you will have the chance to taste different types of traditional Spanish tapas. One of the things that Malaga has to offer you is its concentrated Mediterranean flavor within its gastronomy, and that is just what you will get to know in this experience.
Among the most emblematic tapas you will taste are those prepared with Iberian cold cuts, seafood and other seafood products. And if we talk about wines, you will find the exquisite local production, which offers from the sweetest red wines to the most refreshing white wines.
- Price: Approximately 72 euros per person.
- Duration: It lasts about 3 hours and a half.
- Means of transportation: The tour is done on foot, while to get to the meeting point you must do it on your own.
- Advantages of this experience: It includes the tasting of five wines, as well as beers and other soft drinks. It is also included the tasting of the meals inside each restaurant to be visited, as well as the dinner. A tour guide will accompany you during the experience.
- Disadvantages of this experience: Transfer from the hotel and back is not included. There is no option for vegans or vegetarians, so it is suggested to let us know in advance. Not accessible for wheelchair users.
3. Guided visit to a vineyard with wine tasting
This guided tour is one of my favorites because there is nothing I like more in Malaga than enjoying the best and sweetest wines. This is a trip in which you will depart from Malaga to a nearby village called Alora, where vineyards abound.
Here you will learn about the process of growing the fruit and the subsequent processing of the raw material to produce Malaga wines. You will not only visit a single vineyard, but you can visit several in the area and enjoy the winemaking style in each of them.
After spending some time touring these vineyards, you will have the chance to visit a winery located in this wine village, where you will finally taste first hand the quality of Malaga wines along with some tapas to enjoy this exquisite combination.
Details of interest
- Price: Approximately 73 euros per person.
- Duration: This tour has an approximate duration of 4 hours.
- Means of transportation: You will have to get to the meeting point on your own, using a rental car or public transportation. Then you will finish the tour aboard a van suitable for the trip and with all the comforts. There will also be stretches on foot.
- Advantages of this experience: Transportation in a private, air-conditioned vehicle to the tour area is included. The tour guide who will accompany you during the tour is included. Snacks and alcoholic beverages are included.
- Disadvantages of this experience: It is not wheelchair accessible. The weather must be good and a minimum quota of passengers must be met in order to carry out the experience, otherwise it may be cancelled without prior notice.
4. Tapas tour and flamenco show
On this tapas and flamenco tour you will experience an authentic traditional Malaga night, enjoying exquisite tapas and wines, and of course watching some of the best flamenco shows in Malaga. The tour guide who will accompany you throughout the tour will take you to the best places to see flamenco in the city.
Throughout the evening you will enjoy traditional Malaga tapas and wines. In each of the places you visit you will have included the entrance to the flamenco show and a drink to liven up the moment. The rest of the drinks and meals that you want to consume in each establishment will be on your own.
Details of interest
- Price: From 79 euros per person.
- Duration: This tour can last approximately 3 hours.
- Means of transport: You must get to the meeting point on your own, either by rental car or public transport. The rest of the tour is on foot.
- Advantages of this experience: You will be accompanied by an expert guide who will tell you everything you want to know about gastronomy and flamenco in Malaga. You have the multilingual option available if you go with other people who do not speak Spanish. You can ask for a vegetarian or vegan option with prior notice to the tour organizers. Baby carriages are allowed. The experience is for small groups.
- Disadvantages of this experience: It is not a wheelchair accessible tour. No extra food or drinks are included, but you can purchase them during the tour. Tips are not included.
5. Street food and market tour of Malaga
In this street food tour you will have the chance to get to know all that Malaga has for you in terms of street food. You will also be able to taste the different flavors of the market food. This walking tour will take you to explore the city center of Malaga, including the sights while enjoying the different foods.
One of the things I like most about this experience is that in addition to enjoying the different meals, you will also have the chance to learn about the recipes behind each of these dishes. In other words, besides being a rich culinary experience, it is a great learning experience to put into practice new cooking techniques.
Details of interest
- Price: From 58 euros per person.
- Duration: Approximately three and a half hours.
- Means of transportation: You will have to get to the meeting point on your own, either by rental car or public transportation. Once at the place, the tour will be done on foot.
- Advantages of this experience: You will be accompanied by an expert guide who will take you to taste the best of street and market food in Malaga. Lunch and alcoholic beverages on site are included. The tour is conducted in English and Spanish, although it can be done in other languages upon request.
- Disadvantages of this experience: Transportation from the hotel or accommodation site and back is not included. It is not adapted for wheelchair users. You must be in average physical condition to enjoy this experience.
6. Complete gastronomic route of Malaga
Throughout this tour of the best you can taste in Malaga, you will meet different chefs and producers who will tell you everything you want to know about the typical flavors of Malaga. This tour will take you to many of the best restaurants in the city.
This tour starts in the afternoon and ends at night, so it is a good activity to include among the things to see and do in Malaga at night. There is nothing better than enjoying a good Malaga dinner with local and original flavors.
Details of interest
- Price: It has an approximate price of 68 euros per person.
- Duration: The tour can last approximately three and a half hours.
- Means of transportation: To get to the meeting point you must travel on your own. Once you arrive at this place, the whole tour is completed on foot.
- Advantages of this experience: Dinner and alcoholic beverages are included. You will have the opportunity to talk with the chefs who make this tasting possible. It is stroller accessible.
- Disadvantages of this experience: It is not wheelchair accessible. No transfer is provided from the hotel or back.
7. Sun and wine tour with lunch included for small groups
This tour starts early in the morning and offers lunch included in the experience. You will be able to enjoy the best wines of Malaga while you travel through Spain's Muslim past. On this tour there are many surprises of flavors, from wines in traditional wineries, to typical food in Andalusian restaurants.
In addition to the rich food and explosive flavors of wine, you will get to know the Andalusian villages you will visit on the tour. You will walk along the narrowest street in Andalusia. One of the things you will like most about this tour is that it is aimed at a maximum of eight people, in order to make the experience much more personalized.
- Price: It has an approximate cost of 69 euros per person.
- Duration: It is a full day experience, so it can last approximately 7 and a half hours.
- Means of transportation: The entire tour will take place aboard a luxury van that is equipped with all the comforts for the participants of the experience.
- Advantages of this experience: Pick up and return transfer to your accommodation is included. Also included is a tour guide in Spanish, English or German, as requested. It is intended for a small group between 2 and 8 people, no more than this amount. The guided visit to the village and the winery is included. Lunch is also included with beverages for lunch.
- Disadvantages of this experience: Any personal expenses you incur during the tour are not included. It is not adapted for people in wheelchairs, nor for people who are not in good physical condition.
8. Sunday Lunch Tour in Malaga
This Sunday tour is one of my favorites for those multi-day vacations in one of the top 10 cities in Andalusia, when you want to go out on a Sunday afternoon to enjoy the local delicacies. During this tour you will enjoy the best tapas bars in the center of Malaga.
Your expert guide will take you through the tapas bars that were once the favorite places of the locals, but will also take you to the places where you can enjoy the most modern flavors and combinations of Spanish food. This experience is ideal for family or friends.
Details of interest
- Price: You can get this tour for approximately 68 euros per person.
- Duration: It can last around 3 hours.
- Means of transportation: To get to the meeting point you will have to move on your own either by rental car, cab or public transportation. Once you arrive at this place, the rest of the tour will be done on foot.
- Advantages of this experience: Lunch is included, as well as the different alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. You will be accompanied by an expert tour guide and you will have access to a special gastronomic guide of Malaga.
- Disadvantages of this experience: Transportation to and from your accommodation is not included. Tips are not included. Personal expenses are not included. It is not adapted for people in wheelchairs.
9. Five wine and tapas tour in the traditional and select Ronda
This is a tour dedicated to wine lovers. The tour starts in Malaga, where you will get on board a private vehicle with all the comforts, including wifi on board. One of the things you will like most about this tour is that you will taste the different wines of the region amidst the fresh and country atmosphere that Ronda offers you.
The experience is luxurious because you will be able to visit the inside of the winery, where the people in charge of the place will teach you all about the process of preparation and aging of the wine. In this place you will also be able to taste some tapas to alternate with the wine drinks.
- Price: Around 133 euros per person to enjoy this experience.
- Duration: The full day tour has an approximate duration of 5 hours.
- Means of transportation: You will need to get to the meeting point on your own, either by cab, rental car or public transportation. Once there, the rest of the experience will take place on board of a vehicle equipped with all the comforts.
- Advantages of this experience: You will have access to wifi throughout the trip, which you will do aboard a private vehicle with all amenities. Soft drinks and soft drinks are included, as well as snacks, tea and coffee. You will also have access to bottled water and tasting of alcoholic beverages is included.
- Disadvantages of this experience: It is not wheelchair friendly. No more than six people may participate in the experience.
10. Tapas tour of Malaga and visit to the Atarazanas market
For three hours you will have the chance to get to know the most interesting culinary places in Malaga, along with the historical and cultural talk given by your expert tour guide. You will also have the chance to taste exquisite tapas and traditional Spanish food, such as Iberian ham, locally produced cheeses and sardine skewers.
For three hours, in addition to enjoying one of the best tours of Malaga, you can enjoy the best drinks and the best flamenco shows. It is a complete tour that you can not miss on your visit to Malaga.
Details of interest
- Price: It can have an approximate cost of 54 euros per person.
- Duration: This tour has an approximate duration of two and a half hours.
- Means of transportation: You have to get to the meeting point by your own means, using either public transportation, a rental car or a cab.
- Advantages of this experience: You will be accompanied by an expert guide who will take you to the best places for tapas and wines. Taxes, fees and other similar expenses are included. You will have traditional welcome wine and at least 10 tapas are included.
- Disadvantages of this experience: Tips and transfer to and from the hotel are not included. Drinks are also not included.
Tips for doing a gastronomic tour in Malaga
- Wear comfortable and closed shoes for each of the tours.
- If you are on a strict diet or practice veganism or vegetarianism, please let us know in advance.
- To consume alcoholic beverages you must be at least 18 years old.
- If you go with children, ask if they accept strollers.