Following the coast of Benidorm to the north are hidden some of the most beautiful landscapes of the Spanish Mediterranean coast. Also some towns full of charm, such as Calpe or Denia. And only from the sea you can contemplate its most spectacular postcard.
But a boat trip offers much more. It is an ideal plan to spend some time with your family, to enjoy a romantic moment with your partner or just to live one of the best plans to do in Benidorm. Do you want to know more? Here I talk about the best boat trips from Benidorm.
1. Cruise to enjoy the sunset in Denia
The sunset on the Levantine coast is magical. And the best way to let yourself be enveloped by it is aboard a boat. On this cruise you will not only contemplate the colors of the sunset on the horizon. You will witness how the sun sets among the amazing landscapes of the northern Costa Blanca. Undoubtedly, it is one of the best activities you can organize in Benidorm.
The cruise that I propose starts from the port of Denia, a town located at the foot of the Montgó Natural Park and near the Natural Reserve of Cabo de San Antonio. Before the sun begins to set, the boat travels along a small coastal strip where you will see steep walls, the occasional secret cove and several caves.
One of these caves, perhaps the most spectacular of all the Costa Blanca, is the Cova Tallada. It is a cave at sea level that for centuries served as a quarry. From it was extracted the stone with which many of the monuments of the surrounding villages were built. Its natural pool, arches and galleries are spectacular.
The boat trip will not allow you to enter it, but you can enjoy its beauty and the beauty of the cliffs that protect it. After contemplating it, and already on the way to the port, the sunset will be the companion of the crossing and will put the end to one of the many activities that you can do with children in Benidorm to create unforgettable memories.
Details of interest
- Price: approximately 21 euros for adults. Children under 13 years old and over 65 have a discount. Babies up to three years old travel free.
- What the excursion includes: boat trip along the coast and a drink on board (soft drink, soda or beer).
- Advantages of this option: for those who wish to enjoy a romantic experience, this is a perfect plan. Also for sailing with the family.
- Disadvantages of this option: a minimum number of passengers is required for the tour.
2. Dinner cruise in Calpe
Now I propose you to go from Benidorm to Calpe. This is one of the most unique towns on the Costa Blanca, thanks to the imposing figure of the Peñon de Ifach. In its port you will board a modern catamaran that will allow you to see from the sea one of the most iconic postcards of the Spanish Levante.
On board the boat you can see how the shadow of the rock, reflected in the water, gives way to the flashing lights of Calpe. A tip? Take your cell phone or camera well charged because you will not be able to stop taking pictures.
After an hour and a half of sailing you will return to port for dinner. Surely the experience will have given you an appetite, but don't worry, the best rice and fish dishes in the area will be waiting for you. If you like good food, you will have a great time tasting some of the typical dishes of Alicante's gastronomy.
If you feel like completing the day and the experience, my recommendation is to organize a day trip to the coast. During the day you will be able to admire the landscapes of part of the Alicante coastline from land and, in the evening, you will be able to do it from the sea.
Details of interest
- Price: adults pay about 95 euros. Seniors over 65 and children under 13 have discounts. Children under 3 years old do not pay.
- Duration: 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- What is included in this excursion: sailing, glass of champagne (adults) and soft drink (children) on board. Typical dinner with full menu.
- Advantages of this option: in July and August there is the option of preferential access to the catamaran's net to enjoy the experience even more. In addition, it is possible to request a vegetarian menu with a minimum of 24 hours notice.
- Disadvantages of this option: cruise and dinner must be taken on the same day.
3. Great catamaran ride in Denia Bay
The bay of Denia is perfect if you just want to take a small but relaxing ride on the waters of the Mediterranean. The image of its castle, perched on a large rock, is another of the most recognizable of the Costa Blanca. Aboard a catamaran you will be able to contemplate it, as well as its beaches, its port or the mountains that surround the town.
If you choose this experience, you will sail in a special boat: an ecological catamaran that takes advantage of the force of the wind to glide smoothly across the surface of the sea. Let yourself be rocked by the gentle swaying of the catamaran and feel how the sea breeze envelops you while you contemplate one of the most beautiful postcards to remember or share on social networks. You choose!
If you are looking for a fun plan to have a good time with your family, this cruise is perfect. Children will feel like real adventurers or fearsome pirates. In addition, the duration of this tour, only one hour, makes it not tiring for the little ones.
- Price: 14 €, approximately. Children under 10 years old and over 65 have a discount. Babies up to three years old travel free.
- Duration: one hour.
- What this excursion includes: sea tour.
- Advantages of this option: it is an ideal activity to organize with children, even if they are very young.
- Disadvantages of this option: for the more adventurous, the duration of the tour may be too short.
Rent your own boat
If you prefer to explore the coast at your own pace and enjoy total freedom to discover the entire coastline of Benidorm, the alternative is to rent a boat. It is a more expensive option, but you will have total flexibility to design an itinerary to your liking.
The types of boats you can rent are very varied and range from large catamarans to sailboats or smaller motor boats. Don't worry if you have never been at the helm before, in most cases there is the option of renting with a skipper.
- Price: from 230 €, approximately. Prices vary according to season and are higher on dates with higher demand.
- Duration: the rental is usually for full days.
- What this excursion includes: one day of sailing, with or without skipper.
- Advantages of this option: freedom to organize the tour to your liking and without limitations. In addition, you can have the boat just for you and your adventurous companions.
- Disadvantages of this option: the price is high and a full day rental in some cases may be too much.
How to book a boat trip from Benidorm
Booking a boat trip from Benidorm is very easy. You can do it online in just three steps. First, of course, is to choose the experience you want. Then you will have to mark the number of passengers and the date chosen for the activity.
If there are places, you will only have to enter the details of the participants, as well as an email and a contact telephone number. The last step is to confirm the reservation. You will not have to do anything else, just save the confirmation to present it before boarding.
Just a quick note. If you are organizing plans in Benidorm in October or the months after, you should be aware of the weather. Even in winter it is usually mild, but there is a chance that the day you choose to embark may be unseasonable.
If bad weather forces you to cancel the activity, you will have two options: to get your money back or to change the date of the boat trip. If you are going to spend enough days in Benidorm, I recommend that you do not miss the opportunity to contemplate the landscapes of the Costa Blanca from the sea, they are really beautiful.
What will I see in this type of excursions?
The landscapes vary slightly depending on the excursion you choose, although in all of them you will see a spectacular coastline. The coastal strip between the Natural Park of Serra Gelada to the cape of San Vicente and Denia is really beautiful and has nothing to do with the urban image of Benidorm.
The Peñón de Ifach in Calpe, mountains that die in the sea in the form of cliffs or those beaches that you will enjoy if the weather is good are some of the places you will see from the sea. With a bit of luck, you will also be able to see some of the varied marine fauna of this area, or even the occasional dolphin!
Tips for a boat trip from Benidorm
To have a great time on board you won't need much. The most important thing is the desire to have fun. However, a few tips never hurt:
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes: the ideal is to wear clothes that allow you to move freely and shoes that have a good grip and are waterproof.
- Take a jacket: if you choose a boat trip in the afternoon as part of your plans to enjoy Benidorm in September, do not forget to take something warm, during the day it will be hot, but when the sun goes down it can get cooler.
- Do not forget sunscreen and sunglasses: they are essential in any boat trip during the day. Remember that, even if it is winter or the day is cloudy, you must protect yourself from the sun's rays to avoid sunburn.
- Try to arrive at the meeting point well in advance, so that no unforeseen delay can ruin your excursion.
- Do not forget to bring your reservation, either printed on paper or on your cell phone. It is essential to enjoy the experience.
- If you are prone to seasickness, you may not enjoy the boat ride. If you want to see the Costa Blanca from the sea, there are alternatives. I suggest you to participate in one of the kayaking activities in Benidorm. There are for all levels.
How long are the boat trips from Benidorm?
The duration is usually short, between an hour and an hour and a half of navigation. However, you must take into account that those that include dinner will take at least another hour and a half.
There is another important aspect: the trip to Calpe or Denia in case the excursion departs from any of these locations. It does not take long to get there from Benidorm, between 25 and 40 minutes, but it is essential that you do not forget it so that the boat does not leave without you.
In any case, adding dinner and travel to the cruise, the boat trips do not take much time, so they are a good alternative to combine with other activities. I give you just one idea: enjoy during the day some of the best water parks in Benidorm and then relax watching the sunset from a boat. Great, don't you think?
How much does a boat trip from Benidorm cost?
The price will depend on the route you choose. Generally speaking, it is one of the most affordable activities you can enjoy if you opt for the experiences that include only sailing. Adults pay from 12 euros for shorter excursions. When it comes to dinner cruises, the price can rise to around 100 €.
Please note that seniors and children pay less. Discounts usually start at 10% and can reach up to 40% for minors. However, the age of application of these discounts in the case of the youngest can vary. In some cases the limit is 10 years, while in others it rises to 14 years.
Why is it advisable to take a boat trip from Benidorm?
The main reason is to admire the semi-wild landscapes that also hides the Costa Blanca, the northern ones are the most spectacular in the province of Alicante. And they are just a step away from Benidorm! But there are other good reasons:
- To spend some time of absolute relaxation after a tiring day enjoying all that Benidorm has to offer.
- Discover the contrasts between an almost virgin stretch of coastline and the silhouette of some of the most attractive tourist towns on the Costa Blanca.
- A boat trip is one of the most fun activities to do alone, as a couple or as a family.
- For the most part, they are experiences within the reach of any pocket.
- From the coast you will see places on land so beautiful that you will surely want to visit them on foot, such as the viewpoint of Cape San Antonio or the Rock of Ifach. It is therefore a good way to plan other excursions.
- The boat trip from Benidorm is an activity that you can do at any time of the year. You can include it in your plans to do in Benidorm in August or even in December. The weather on the Costa Blanca allows for calm sailing during most of the year.
What is the best time to take a boat trip from Benidorm?
The Costa Blanca enjoys a very pleasant climate most of the year. In fact, the sun shines here more than 300 days a year, and the average annual temperature is around 19 degrees. To give you an idea, even in the month of December it is very difficult to get below 13 ºC, usually between 16 and 18 ºC.
This means that you can enjoy a boat trip practically at any time of the year. Sunset cruises are especially pleasant in the warmer months: milder temperatures than during the day and the sea breeze create an atmosphere conducive to sailing and viewing the scenery from the deck.
What about daytime cruises? The truth is that these experiences can be enjoyed at any time. However, in spring, autumn and winter, the central hours of the day, the warmest, are the most recommended.