Rainbow Mountain Day Trip from Cuzco
About this activity
Smartphone tickets accepted
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
By joining this Rainbow Mountain tour from Cuzco, you'll explore Peru's Andean mountain range with a professional guide on an unforgettable full-day adventure.
You'll take an idyllic hike through the area's rugged hills to reach a natural wonder famous the world over for the distinguished seven colours that make it up, thanks to the composition of its minerals. You can complete the ascent on foot, or ride a horse to climb the steep peaks for an additional cost.
- See Rainbow Mountain, a wonder of nature, on a trip with breakfast and lunch included.
- Explore the alpine trails of the PeruvianAndes on foot or on horseback, accompanied by an expert guide with historical background.
- Enjoy the most impressivepanoramic views of the area, from where you will contemplate the imposing Ausangate snow-capped mountain.
- Rainbow Mountain Excursion
- Pick up from your accommodation in Cuzco
- Professional guide
- Breakfast and lunch
Select participants and date
Step by Step
Feel the mystical energy of Peru's Andean valleys with this excursion to Rainbow Mountain from Cuzco, a full day excursion with breakfast, lunch and professional guide included.
The day will start early in the morning. A driver will pick you up from your accommodation in Cuzco to start this unforgettable trek through the Peruvian Andes.
You will experience a hike full of dreamlike mountain scenery, which you will contemplate during the ascent on foot. A demanding steep route that you can also complete on horse back for an additional cost, should you find it too difficult to climb.
You will travel through the steep hills until you reach the final destination: the impressive Rainbow Mountain, also known as Vinicunca, unique in the world for the colourful shades of its slopes and summits, which are distinguished between pink, white, red, green, yellow, purple and brown.
The colours of this 5,200-metre-high natural wonder are due to the composition of the minerals that make it up, which include elements such as clay, rock, magnesium, calcium carbonate and sulphur, as well as other compounds.
At the bottom of the colourful hill, you will be able to appreciate the imposing snow-capped Ausangate, the highest mountain in Cuzco, which rises to a height of 6,384 metres. An unforgettable postcard that will make you feel the spiritual energy of the area.