Cuzco Guided Tour
About this activity
Smartphone tickets accepted
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
Get to know the history and monuments of the city of Cuzco, declared a Cultural Heritage Site, with this half-day tour. Together with your tour guide, you will discover the Koricancha Temple, the Sacsayhuaman sanctuary and the ruins of the Puka Pukara fortress and many other sites. In addition, you will focus on its roots, as it was the central city of the Inca Empire.
- In just a few hours you will learn and discover the most important monuments of Cuzco.
- You will be accompanied by a tour guide who will teach you about its culture and history.
- You will see how its origins as the central city of the Inca Empire have evolved to the present day.
- Guided tour of Cuzco
- Tourist guide
Select participants and date
Step by Step
Discover the city of Cuzco thanks to this half-day tour. It is a perfect experience for newcomers to the city, as well as for those who have already visited it more than once. This is because in addition to seeing its main monuments, you will also learn about them.
These comments, anecdotes and history you will hear from a tour guide who will accompany you throughout the activity. The tour is for small groups of about 15 people, allowing the guide to give you a more personal experience.
Cuzco has been declared a Cultural Heritage Site and many of its monuments have the honour of being World Heritage Sites. In addition to its buildings, Cuzco is noted for having been the centre of the ancient Inca Empire, remnants of which can still be seen today. The tour will also delve into this aspect.
Some of the most important places you will visit are the following:
- Cuzco Cathedral: built in the 16th century, it is a colonial church featuring a dazzling architectural style that blends Gothic and Renaissance.
- Koricancha Temple: it was the most important temple of the Inca Empire, it has a perfect architecture made of stone.
- Sacsayhuaman Sanctuary: a 15th century Inca sanctuary that features a succession of stone walls as you climb up to it.
- Puka Pukara Fortress: it is an Inca military construction, composed of large walls, terraces and staircases.
- Tambomachay: Inca resting place used for water worship located in the Andes.
Departure and Return
Other Things You Should Know
Other activities in Cusco
Machu Picchu Day Trip from Cuzco
Rainbow Mountain Day Trip from Cuzco
Humantay Lake Day Trip from Cuzco
Moray Sacred Valley and Maras Salineras Quad Tour from Cuzco
Machu Picchu Tickets
Machu Picchu 4-Day Inca Trail from Cuzco
Cuzco Sightseeing Bus Tour
Cuzco Urubamba River Rafting Experience
Cuzco Monastery of Santa Catalina de Siena Tickets
Cuzco Church of the Society of Jesus Tickets