Marrakech Guided Tour
About this activity
Smartphone tickets accepted
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
Enjoy this private tour of Marrakech, lasting about 3 hours, where you will visit the Koutoubia Mosque and the Bahia Palace . You will also have time to relax and explore the city on your own. You will be accompanied by an expert guide, with whom you will learn many interesting facts about the history and culture of the city.
Throughout the tour, you will have the opportunity to visit some of the most emblematic places in Marrakech, such as the Jewish quarter, known as the "Mellah", the Kasbah Mosque, the Saadian tombs, or Bab Agnou, one of the 19 gates that formed the entrance to the walled city.
- Visit Marrakech and discover the charms of this city in a tour of about 3 hours.
- Learn about the history and culture of the city from an expert guide.
- Discover some of the most emblematic places of Marrakech, such as the Koutoubia Mosque, the Bahia Palace or the Jewish quarter known as "Mellah".
- Guided tour of Marrakech
- Professional guide
Select participants and date
What to expect
On this private tour of Marrakech, lasting around 3 hours, you will have the opportunity to get to know the city and visit some of its most emblematic sites. You will be accompanied by an expert guide, who will take you through the alleys of the city and you will learn about the history and culture of Marrakech.
Some of the main places you will visit are the following:
- Jemaa el Fna Square: The largest square in Marrakech, and one of the busiest in all of Africa. Here, you will marvel at the storytellers, musicians, snake charmers, acrobats, jugglers and other performers who gather daily to entertain visitors.
- Bahia Palace: The Bahia Palace is an impressive ensemble of gardens and rooms built in the late 19th century. It is known to be the largest palace in Marrakech.
- Jewish Quarter: Known by the generic name of Mellah, it was the quarter for members of this religion, where up to 10,000 Jews lived. It has a synagogue, its own cemetery and an active souk, known for its speciality in the spice trade.
- Kasbah Mosque: A 12th-century mosque built near the residence of Al Mansour, the ruler of the time, so that the ruler could go there to pray. It is one of the most important historical mosques in Marrakesh.
- Saadid Tombs: Tombs dating from the end of the 16th century, which were not rediscovered until the beginning of the 20th century. They contain the remains of rulers of the Saadid dynasty of Morocco, as well as soldiers and servants of the time.
- Bab Agnaou: This is one of the 19 gates leading to the historic centre of Marrakesh. It has been declared, along with the medina of Marrakech, a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- Koutoubia Mosque: It is the largest mosque in Marrakech, also known as the Mosque of the booksellers. It is the tallest building in the city and, as such, is the main landmark and guide to Marrakech.
Marrakech is a city in southern Morocco, famous for its architecture, rich history and unique culture. Known as the "Pearl of the South", this ancient city is a popular tourist destination due to its important art scene, famous markets and rich history. Discover the most famous sights of Marrakech on a private cultural and historical tour, and experience the true essence of this Moroccan city.
Departure and Return
Other activities in Marrakech
Ouzoud Waterfalls Day Trip from Marrakech
Atlas Mountains and Agafay Desert Day Trip from Marrakech
Merzouga Desert 3-Day Trip from Marrakech
Marrakech Balloon Ride
Marrakech Quad Tour
Marrakech Desert Tour with Dinner
Essaouira Day Trip from Marrakech
Ourika Valley Day Trip from Marrakech
Marrakech Majorelle Gardens and Palmeraie Tour
Marrakech Bath and Massage in a Traditional Hammam Spa