On this double-decker bus you will have the opportunity to visit each of the most interesting places in Verona. Touring the city of Romeo and Juliet is really easy with the system of free stops, where you can get on or off as many times as you want.
As you may know, it is mandatory to include a visit to some of the most interesting monuments in the list of things to see and do in Verona. That's where this tourist bus comes into play, where you will have the opportunity to get to know each of these sights easily and quickly.
The best tourist bus in town
The tourist bus of Verona is the City Sightseeing, which has two lines of free stops where you can get on and off as many times as you want to know each of the most interesting places of the city and its history. This is one of the best ways to tour the city in an entertaining and economical way.
It is a double-decker bus on which you can also stay for the entire tour to enjoy the view while listening to an audio guide with interesting information about each of the most popular sights of the city, from the Arena of Verona to Juliet's House.
By the way, the multi-stop bus is a great way to get to the Roman Arena, if you are looking for a way to visit the Arena of Verona. On the other hand, this is a service that you can use for a certain amount of time with a single ticket.
You have to keep in mind that the bus allows you to pass by each of the sights, but the ticket does not include the entrance to any of the monuments. Still, without a doubt, this is one of the best experiences to include in the list of things to do in Verona with kids, because it runs all day long.
Verona sightseeing bus routes
Verona's flexible stop bus has two lines, line A and line B. Line A goes straight to the Pradoval Gardens, while on the way you will be able to see the medieval walls, just before heading towards the San Zeno area, where the popular Basilica is located.
Leaving this place, the bus goes straight to the Adige, passing Castelvecchio and continuing to Porta dei Borsari, to immediately show the Roman Theater and the Stone Bridge, the latter listed as the oldest monument in Verona.
For its part, line B of the bus leaves from the east of the city, to go directly to Castel San Pietro, which is one of the most beautiful sights of the city. You will see how the bus goes down the hill and enters directly into the old town. Once there you can admire the bell towers of the Cathedral of Santa Anastasia.
Finally, bus route B takes you to Piazza delle Erbe and Piazza dei Signori, just before reaching Juliet's house. In summary, I name you the stops of each line:
- Line A
- Piazza Bra Arena C
- Corso Porta Nuova, 55
- Verona Porta Nuova
- Piazza Pozza
- Castelvecchio A3
- Via Armando Diaz
- Museo Archeologico al Teatro Romano
- San Fermo B1
- Line B
- Piazza Bra Arena C
- Via Pallone, 14
- Via Giardino Giusti
- L'Immobiliare Caesar Project srl
- Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes
- Piazza Duomo
- Piazza Erbe
- Castelvecchio A3
Advantages of using the Verona tourist bus
The Verona sightseeing bus is really advantageous because it allows you to see as many tourist sites as possible before taking any of the best tours of the city of Verona. It is a fairly inexpensive bus tour that takes you through the most special and emblematic places of the city.
Another interesting advantage of this bus is that its stops are free, that is, you can get on and off the bus as many times as you want and at the stops you want, without having to buy a new bus ticket each time. In fact, and this is another advantage, the tickets to get on this bus have a duration of 24 and 48 hours.
What this duration means is that, during this time, you have the opportunity to make use of this transport around the city, with the same ticket. This bus route is also advantageous, because it has a couple of lines that between the two of them, it picks up the places of major tourist and cultural interest of the city.
In just one stop, you can get off to visit one or a couple of important monuments in Verona. Another advantage of this tour is that, if you do not want or do not have time to get off at each of the stops to make a tour of each monument or place of interest, you can stay on board listening to the audio guide in English with all the information you need about these places.
How long is the complete tour of the tourist bus?
The truth is that getting on this free-stop bus is one of the best options you have if you visit Verona in two days, or simply have little time to get to know the city. This is because the ride lasts as long as you want it to last. At the very least, you will get on the bus for exactly one hour, going all over the city and not getting off until you get back to your starting point.
On the other hand, in case you want to get off and on multiple times to see each of the sights of the city, obviously the time it takes to complete the tour can be considerably longer. Each of the sights where the bus stops are worth visiting for at least half an hour, and the bus has a total of 16 stops.
The bus is intermittent for approximately 60 minutes, that is, every hour it passes through any of the stops. This time may be subject to certain variations whenever traffic on Veronese streets is lighter or heavier. In the afternoon hours, for example, it may take a little longer to complete the route because traffic increases.
The morning is the best time to get on the bus and enjoy both the view and the accurate commentary on the audio guide, because you will find less traffic on the street and also, you will have the opportunity to enjoy in a clearer and better light, each of the places you will pass through during the tour of the city.
What I will see from the tourist bus
As you know, this bus tour of at least an hour, takes you to know the best and most interesting places in Verona, so I detail some of the places that you will be able to see and know from the double-decker tourist bus.
- Gardens Pradoval: This is a square with many bushes and walkways, where you can enjoy the shade while you walk around and get to know the place. If you don't want to get off the bus, you will hear interesting information about this place. In case you want to visit the square, you can do it at any time of the day.
- Basilica of San Zeno: It is one of the most important architectural works of Verona, which is also listed as a masterpiece of Romanesque art. It is erected in honor of St. Zeno, who was the eighth bishop of Verona. As in all the stops, you can get off or stay inside the bus. You will have the opportunity to take several pictures of the complex.
- Arena of Verona: Undoubtedly the most symbolic place in the city. It is a Roman arena where nowadays you can experience different concerts and public shows. It is an ideal place to visit whether you expect to stay in Verona for a day or longer.
- Porta dei Borsari: Dating back to the first century BC, it is one of the most incredibly ancient works in the city. It is located in the historic center of the city of Verona and is the ornamental gateway to the ancient Romanesque Verona.
- Roman Theater: It is an open-air theater built around the first century BC. It is a highly valued work in Verona because it is part of the historical and cultural past of the town. Today, like the Arena, it is used as a venue for performances and shows.
- Stone Bridge: Undoubtedly this stone bridge is the oldest Roman site in Verona, being a large bridge that stands over the Adige River. It was basically built to replace the old wooden bridge that also spanned the river.
- Cathedral of Santa Anastasia: This is a Gothic work that is also located in the historic center of the city. It is a must-see if you travel to Verona, so it is an excellent stop to take pictures and listen to its peculiar history.
- Piazza Erbe: Today it is one of the most recommended squares to visit in the world, but in Roman times, it was the center of political and economic life of the city of Verona. It belonged to what is known as the Roman forum, with a large number of Roman buildings that were built around it and now no longer exist.
- Piazza dei Signori: Also known as Dante's square, this place is quickly recognized by the statue of Dante that is located in the center of it. You will also be able to appreciate different buildings and cafes built by the wealthy of the area. Although it is the smallest of Verona's squares, it is a beauty to visit.
Languages on the bus
Something interesting about this bus is that you will do the tour accompanied by an audio guide with different languages to choose from. Of course, among the languages you can choose is Spanish.
The other languages available for the bus tour are: Italian, French, Portuguese, German, English, Japanese, Russian, Danish, Dutch, Arabic and Chinese. The great advantage of this is that you can go with other friends with whom you do not share the same language, because the experience is for everyone.
To choose the language in which you want to enjoy the guide and the mobile application, you have to go to the app, where you can set the language in which you want to see all the details of the tour. Once you have set it, you can enjoy the tour in your native language.
How much does the tourist bus ticket cost?
You can get tickets to the bus for a price ranging from 25 euro each. Children up to 4 years old get on for free. Included in the price are some features of the trip, such as access to the City Sightseeing app, which allows you to see, among other things, the real-time location of each bus and the waiting time for each one.
Within the application you will also be able to see other important data such as the map of the city with the number of attractions you can visit on the route. The price also includes the audio guide in at least twelve languages, which you can change as many times as you want.
For 25 euros you will also have an assistance service on board, for any inconvenience or problem you may have during the trip. The transfer to and from the hotel or place of accommodation is not included , nor are meals, drinks or snacks during the trip. If you want to try authentic Italian food, I recommend you to take one of the best gastronomic tours of Verona.
Entrance fees to each of the places where the bus stops are not included in the price, so you have to buy the tickets to these places of interest on your own. Of course, the guided tour inside each of the historical monuments is not included in the price, except for the audio guide.
Tourist bus schedule
As a general rule the tourist bus starts operating from 10:00 on its two lines. However, the closing time may vary according to the lines and sometimes according to the days of the week, whether they are working days or holidays. For example, from June to September, line A runs until 18:00 every day.
From September to May of the following year, line A runs every day until 17:00. In the case of line B, the bus operation is from 10:00 to 17:30 from September to May, just like line A. But between June and September you can find two routes within the B line.
One route has a schedule from 10:15 to 18:15 and the other route has a schedule from 10:45 to 16:45. The difference between each of the routes is that the first route has a frequency of approximately 60 minutes. The second has a frequency of 30 minutes between each bus.
Schedules may also vary according to holidays and non-working days. The schedule is subject to change according to the conditions of the buses and the company's regulations, however, when you make your reservation for the bus trip, you can download the updated schedule.
How the tourist bus works
Basically it is a bus with free stops where you can get on and off as many times as you want. You can also have an audio guide with which you will have all the information you need about each of the sights of the city.
The tourist bus works very simply, it is a ticket with a duration of 24 or 48 hours in which you can use your ticket as many times as you want, until the time runs out. Activation occurs when you board the bus for the first time.
You have access to an interactive and intuitive app where you can see everything related to the buses, the stops, the buses that are available, the interactive map of the city, among other interesting features.
With this operation, the tourist bus is one of the best tools you can have on your visit to the city, especially if you want to visit Verona in three days or more.