Verona Hop-On Hop-Off City Sightseeing Bus Tour
About this activity
Smartphone tickets accepted
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
Experience an idyllic Italian destination by hopping on Verona's City Sightseeing sightseeing bus, with two ticket options, 24 or 48 hours, and on-board audio guide included.
You can explore the city at your own pace and hop off at the stops of your choice, travelling along routes A and B which pass over 15 of the city's iconic sites and monuments, including Juliet's house, the Roman Theatre, Castelvecchio and the Basilica of St Zeno.
- Tour Verona at your own pace, on a free-stop sightseeing bus departing every 60 minutes.
- Organise your personal sightseeing itinerary and see the sights of your choice
- Explore must-see sights in the city of Romeo and Juliet, such as the Roman Theatre and Castel San Pietro.
- Verona City Sightseeing Tourist Bus Ticket
- 24 or 48-hour ticket (depending on the option chosen)
- Free Sightseeing Experience application
- Assistance on board the bus
Step by Step
The City Sightseeing bus tour of Verona will take you to discover this beautiful city of Veneto on a complete double route, including the most iconic sites and monuments, which you are free to access and explore at your own pace.
You will have the opportunity to organise your personalised sightseeing itinerary and get off at the stops of your choice, travelling on a comfortable red panoramic double-decker bus with audio guide on board.
You will discover the architectural and natural wonders of a destination declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, famous in the arts and literature, among other things, for being the city where William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet was set.
When you take Route A, you will see a wide variety of places and monuments, such as the following:
- Pradoval Gardens: you will relax in this beautiful and peaceful garden surrounded by sculptures, lush greenery and a fountain, ideal for a break from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Basilica of St. Zeno: a Romanesque architectural gem dating back to 807, it worships St. Zeno, the patron saint of Verona.
- Castelvecchio: you will be amazed by the façade of this 14th century medieval fortress perched on the banks of the Adige River. It now houses the Civic Museum.
- Roman Theatre: we travel back to the 1st century B.C. to admire the restored Roman Theatre, where Shakespeare playsare performed and the Archaeological Museum is located.
- Stone Bridge: you can cross the legendary bridge, over two thousand years old, the only surviving bridge of ancient Verona from the time of the Roman Empire.
On Route B of the sightseeing bus tour you will stroll through the eastern side of Verona, where you will see sites such as:
- San Pietro Castle: you will enjoy one of the most beautiful views of the city from this legendary castle, located at the top of the San Pietro hill.
- Cathedral of Santa Anastasia: be impressed by the imposing Italian Gothic façade of this church, which boasts white marble columns and a red marble floor inside.
- Piazza delle Erbe: stroll through the 'square of herbs', a picturesque cultural location where locals gather to share, stroll through its market or sample an aperitivo.
- Piazza dei Signori: another social meeting point for Veronese, also known as Piazza Dante, after the statue in honour of the poet Dante Alighieri. This is also the site of the old town hall.
- Juliet's House: Take a photo in front of the authentic balcony that was supposedly the source of inspiration for the romantic scene between Romeo and Juliet.
You have two ticket options for the bus tour: 24 or 48 hours. Vehicles pass the designated stops approximately every 60 minutes. You can download a free app to your mobile phone to monitor them in real time.