Marrakech Private Tour
About this activity
Smartphone tickets accepted
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
Join this private tour of Marrakech where you can delve into the local history and culture accompanied by an expert guide. The activity will last approximately 7 hours, during which you will visit some of the most emblematic places of this city known as the "Pearl of the South".
Some of these places include the Koutoubia Mosque, the Saadian Tombs or the famous Djemaa el Fna square, known as one of the busiest squares in Africa. You will also have free time for lunch on your own, after which you will visit the Majorelle Garden, famous for its greenery and colourful cobalt blue buildings.
- Tour around Marrakech in about 2 hours .
- Immerse yourself in the local history and culture, accompanied by an expert guide.
- Visit some of the most emblematic places of the city, such as the Koutoubia Mosque, Djemaa el Fna Square, or the Majorelle Gardens.
- Private tour of Marrakech
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (selected hotels)
- Transport in private air-conditioned vehicle
Select participants and date
What to expect
In this activity you will have the opportunity, for about 7 hours, to tour Marrakech on a private tour. You will be accompanied by a professional local guide, from whom you will learn many interesting facts about the local culture and the places you will visit.
The tour includes stops at some of the following sites and monuments:
- Koutoubia Mosque: This is the main mosque in Marrakech, as well as the tallest building in the city. Its construction dates back to the 12th century, and it has a 70-metre high minaret. It is known as the Mosque of the Booksellers.
- Saadid Tombs: Tombs dating from the late 16th century, where up to 60 members of the Saadid dynasty of Morocco are buried, as well as numerous footmen and soldiers who served under their rule.
- Djemaa el Fna Square: The largest square in Marrakech, as well as one of the most crowded on the entire African continent. It is known for the multitude of jugglers, acrobats and dancers who perform here for the enjoyment of tourists.
- Medersa Ben Youssef: This is the most renowned madrasa (Muslim seminary) in Marrakech. It has been active since the 14th century and is known for its beautiful traditional Moroccan architecture. In the past, up to 800 students memorised the Koran within its walls.
- Majorelle Gardens: A famous botanical garden decorated by cobalt blue constructions, which was designed by the French artist Jacques Majorelle in the early 20th century. You will have the opportunity to visit these gardens after a stop where you will have free time to enjoy lunch on your own.
At the end of the activity, you will be taken back to the original starting point, as this is a round-trip tour, designed for your comfort .
Other activities in Marrakech
Ouzoud Waterfalls Day Trip from Marrakech
Atlas Mountains and Agafay Desert Day Trip from Marrakech
Merzouga Desert 3-Day Trip from Marrakech
Marrakech Balloon Ride
Marrakech Quad Tour
Marrakech Desert Tour with Dinner
Essaouira Day Trip from Marrakech
Ourika Valley Day Trip from Marrakech
Marrakech Majorelle Gardens and Palmeraie Tour
Marrakech Bath and Massage in a Traditional Hammam Spa