One of the best things to do in Valencia are the segway tours following the path of sustainability and ecotourism. These motorized scooters are true allies to discover the modern architecture along with the ancient history of the world capital of design in a short time.
This post is a guide to the best segway tours in Valencia, prices and options to move in this vibrant metropolis from its historic center to the port and the City of Arts and Sciences on two electric wheels.
1. Segway tour to the Palacio de la Música
Valencia is like a muse of contrasts where you can travel through the present, the past and the future of an eclectic metropolis. In the midst of its artistic expressions you will find the Palacio de la Música and the main gardens of the city, spaces that you will reach aboard this segway tour.
This palace is the headquarters of the Valencia Symphony Orchestra, a building with four monumental halls whose exquisite architecture forced to take the extensions underground to preserve its pristine imprint. The central axis of this Segway tour is the route of the Turia River. In addition, you walk along the Puente de Real, the Puente de Aragón until you reach the work of the architect José María García, the Palacio de la Música.
Details of interest
- Price: From 40 €.
- Duration: 1 hour.
- Schedule: morning and afternoon.
- What the tour may include: helmets. Multilingual guide specialized in art. Valencian souvenir. Segway rental.
- Pros: this is one of the best tours in Valencia for lovers of opera, classical music, flamenco and jazz. In this building the International Jazz Festival has been held since 1999 and, in their commitment to include the kids, they offer workshops and activities for children from 0 years old, doesn't that sound interesting?
- Cons: The tour allows you to take a general look, if you want to enjoy the architectural work in detail, you need a second visit.
2. Segway tour of the old town of Valencia
This is the ideal tour to learn about the history of Valencia since medieval times. On board of a segway you will walk through the most representative monuments and neighborhoods of the old town for 1-2 hours.
The city was founded by Romans in 138 BC. It has passed through the hands of the Visigoths, Muslims and Christians, so it boasts of its cultural and historical legacy and in this Segway tour you cross the entrance gate of the center, the Serranos Towers to continue moving towards the Plaza del Carmen, a few meters from the Royal Basilica of Our Lady of the Forsaken.
Then you cross the Portal De La Valldigna, another iconic example of Valencian Gothic style next to the Arab walls of the city. The small group moves on to the Church of San Nicolás de Bari and San Pedro Mártir as well as the Lonja de la Seda (Silk Exchange). In addition, in the middle of the tour, the squares of L'Almoina, Virgen de la Paz and La Redonda can be seen, as well as the Central Market and the Archbishop's Palace.
Details of interest
- Price: from 35 €.
- Duration: 60-120 minutes.
- Schedule: morning and afternoon.
- What the tour may include: instruction on how to use the segway. Guide service through the historic center. Helmet. Segway rental.
- Pros: perfect to take a look at the historical route of the city in a pleasant way and in a short time.
- Cons: works very well among adults, but children... better to point them to the next routes in this list.
3. Segway tour through the gardens of Valencia
Explore the three outstanding green parks in Valencia and discover their fountains, lakes and monuments on board your segway during this urban tour. The itinerary takes you through:
- Turia Garden, the most popular among the gardens in the City of Turia, runs from the Trinity Bridge to the bridges of the Exhibition and the Flowers. It is part of the repertoire of works that the architect Santiago Calatrava created in Valencia and with this tour you will border the garden. Click here for a quick tour in 4K.
- Jardines del Real, also known as the Jardín de los Viveros, is a public park with ponds, fountains, rose gardens and waterfalls that reflects part of the history of the Spanish crown. Take a quick look at its spaces by clicking on this video.
- Cabecera Park, an idyllic place to rest from the crowded area while enjoying the sun in a beautiful green area, perfect to write down among the things to do in summer in Valencia in a quiet way.
- Price: from 50 €.
- Duration: 2- 3 hours.
- Schedule: morning and afternoon.
- What the tour may include: guide service monitor. Helmets. Raincoats. Locker service to store your belongings during the tour.
- Pros: despite the pre-established route, the path to get to the gardens can often be customized at no additional cost.
- Cons: ideal for families with older children, younger children may not find it as entertaining.
4. Segway tour of the Port of Valencia + Turia Gardens
If you want to tour Valencia visiting the exclusive areas, parkour areas, the port activity, central gardens and beach, this is the kind of tour you should sign up for. Your stops may vary, but often their extended versions go through:
- Serranos Towers, the entrance wall to Valencia.
- Turia Garden, the green area par excellence of the city.
- The City of Arts and Science, a quick pass through the futuristic and ecological emblem of Valencia.
- Mestalla Stadium, the property and home of Valencia Club de Fútbol.
- The Rotonda de Miramar, the parkour and urban art capital of the countryside.
- Port Sa Platja, one of Valencia's main marinas and the birthplace of Spanish orxata.
- The Marina Real Juan Carlos I and its reminiscences to the golden age of the city's port.
- The Valencian Huerta, with its enchanting natural landscapes.
- The Malvarrosa Beach, to let yourself be impregnated with the sea breeze.
Other stops that are often included in this type of excursion are the street circuit that hosted the Formula 1 races, as well as the Carraixet Ravine and its miracle of minnows. This is a comfortable tour on your segway, so you won't miss anything.
- Price: from 85 € per couple.
- Duration: 2-5 hours.
- Schedule: afternoon.
- What the tour may include: expert guide service. Locker to leave your belongings during the tour. Segway rental. Raincoats. Helmets.
- Pros: ideal for couples interested in receiving personalized attention. Also, it is the only type of tour that moves outside the central gardens and monuments to get closer to the coast.
- Cons: Extended versions of this type of tour usually include time for lunch, but without the food.
5. Segway tour of the City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia
You have to take the time to appreciate the detail of the architecture and natural beauty in Turia and with this Segway tour you will Valencia Segway Tour effortlessly stroll through some of the city's finest artistic exponents.
The Prince Felipe Science Museum, the Hemisfèric, passing by the largest aquarium in Europe, the Oceanografic, the famous opera house of the Reina Sofia Palace of the Arts, the Agora and the Umbracle gardens. This is an ideal Segway tour for those who visit Valencia in 1 day and want to make the most of their time in its main attraction.
This futuristic architectural complex is a work of Santiago Calatrava and since its inauguration in 1998 it has become a symbol of the city. It is one of the works that deserves Valencia's title as the design capital of the world. In short, an essential visit and if it is by segway even better.
- Price: from 52 €.
- Duration: 90 - 120 minutes.
- Schedule: afternoon and evening.
- What the tour may include: instruction on how to ride the segway. Multilingual expert guide service. Helmet. Segway rental. Bottled water.
- Pros: the ride is around one of Spain's jewels and the guides are usually adventurous historians who make the experience entertaining and informative.
- Cons: Given the magnitude of the works, time is scarce.
6. Segway tour + bike rental for one day
This is an ideal combination tour for those travelers who want a guide to then extend their tour of the city on their own. For 60 minutes an expert will guide you aboard your Segway to tour the Serranos Towers, the Turia Gardens to the City of Arts and Sciences Museum or the main attractions of your interest.
After the guided tour, you return to the rental base to leave the Segway and go explore on your own by bike for the rest of the day. With this combination you can take pictures at your leisure, explore the hidden treasures of Valencia, even stroll through the old town, wine tasting and tapas tasting with plenty of time to stroll through the gardens and other monuments of the city.
Details of interest
- Price: from 43 €.
- Duration: 24 hours.
- Schedule: N/A.
- What the tour may include: helmets. Guided tour and segway rental for one hour. Bike rental for one day.
- Pros: the opportunity to get to know the city at your leisure after riding your segway with an expert guide, this way you will know exactly where you want to go with your bike so you will save time. A good alternative to get to know Valencia in 1 day on your own.
- Cons: The segway is only rented for 1 hour, if you prefer to ride these comfortable scooters for longer, advance to the next option in this post.
How to book a segway tour in Valencia
The reservation is made in advance online, that way you can even customize the experience or combine transports -as we saw with the bikes and segways-. The reservation also allows you to better plan your schedule. And if you prefer more freedom, you can choose to rent your segway by the hour.
With the rental they explain you how to use the segway, give you a helmet and often a map with some suggested routes around Valencia. You will see that with so many alternatives it is worth touring the city in one of these transports. In addition, you have several options:
- Rent for 1 hour, from 30 €.
- Rental for 2 hours, from 50 €.
- Rental for4 hours, from 80 €.
- 1 day rental, starting at 100 €.
In all cases you must leave a deposit when renting your segway. The deposit will be refunded upon return.
Can I rent an electric scooter in Valencia?
Yes, for those who would like to tour the city on two motorized wheels and prefer lighter scooters, there is the alternative of renting an electric scooter in Valencia. This option is also cheaper than the previous one and you can choose between:
- Rental for 1 hour, from 10 €.
- Rent for 2 hours, from 16 €.
- 1 day rental, from 28 €.
Tips to enjoy your segway ride
Most people can participate in segway tours, however, there are a minimum of considerations, namely:
- Minimum weight is 25 kg and maximum weight 130 kg.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable but seasonally appropriate clothing.
- Most segway tours are conducted in groups with monitors in several languages, however, you can hire a private segway tour to customize the experience, flexibility is a maximum among segway operators and prices are usually correct.
- No driver's license is required as children can also enjoy the experience. Often only two conditions are necessary, first that the driver can reach the handlebars without difficulty and second that he gets on and off the segway on his own, so you can write down this kind of adventures among your things to do in Valencia with kids.
What are the advantages of taking a guided segway tour in Valencia vs. a tour on my own?
Riding segways is a comfortable, practical and fun way to explore Valencia and although I only see advantages with guided tours, I highlight three:
- Guided Segway Tour
- The use of time. They are local experts, the guides know the main routes and alternatives to any eventuality.
- The monitors provide confidence and assistance throughout the tour.
- The flexibility of the experiences. While it is true that there are pre-established routes, you can also customize your tour. Let the experts guide you while you enjoy.
- Self-guided Segway tour
- Often the recommended areas for Segway tours are unknown, which consumes valuable time.
- There are no monitors, an advisable assistance especially with nervous people and older adults.
- You must focus on driving and designing your route, sabotaging the fun a bit.