Toledo Day Trip from Madrid
About this activity
Smartphone tickets accepted
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
This excursion with an expert guide will take you to Toledo, a beautiful medieval city that perfectly preserves its Moorish, Jewish and Christian past. A bus will take you there and then you will stroll through the historic centre, which is home to the Cathedral Primada, the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca and other beautiful monuments.
Its strength is its modularity: you can choose between a morning, afternoon or full-day tour. The duration varies from 5 to 8 hours.
- Plan your tour according to your tastes and time availability.
- Discover the history of Toledo thanks to the explanations of a local guide.
- Don't worry about travelling, an air-conditioned bus will accompany you from Madrid and take you back to the capital.
- Air-conditioned bus
- Expert guide
- Entrance to the Catedral Primada de Toledo (depending on the option chosen)
- Entrance to the Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca (depending on the option chosen)
Select participants and date
What to expect
The tour to Toledo departs from a central area of Madrid and arrives in the "City of Three Cultures". The trip takes place in an air-conditioned bus and includes an expert guide who will explain the history of the main monuments. When booking, you can choose from three options:
- Morning - By choosing the shortest option, you will only visit the Primate Cathedral.
- Afternoon - In this case, you will visit the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca, the Church of Santo Tomé and the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes.
- Full day - Includes all of the above monuments, plus the ancient Mosque of Cristo de la Luz. If you wish, you can also add a tapas lunch.
Duration depends on your choice. As a guideline, you should allow a minimum of 5 hours or a maximum of 8 hours. This tour includes walking, so it is best to wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
Toledo is about an hour's drive from the capital and is perched on a hilltop. The surrounding medieval walls enclose an old town of buildings linked to the Moorish past, but also to the traces left by Jews and Christians. The beating heart is the Plaza de Zocodover, a short distance from the Cathedral, which blends Gothic and Mudejar styles.
The tour also touches on the old Jewish quarter, which was home to a large Jewish community. Here you will find two fascinating places of worship: the Church of Santo Tomé - famous for El Greco's "The Burial of Count Orgaz" - and the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca.
The Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes, one of the finest examples of Elizabethan Gothic, also deserves special mention. Inside it houses a lush garden with roses and orange trees.
Departure and Return
Other activities in Madrid
Toledo, El Escorial and Valley of the Fallen Day Trip from Madrid
Toledo Day Trip from Madrid with Cathedral Guided Tour
Segovia and Toledo Day Trip from Madrid
Avila, Segovia and Toledo Day Trip from Madrid
Andalucia and Toledo 4 Day-Trip from Madrid
Andalucia, Toledo and Caceres 5 Day-Trip from Madrid