Trastevere, Campo dei Fiori and Jewish Ghetto Food Tour
About this activity
- • Your booking is confirmed instantly
- • This activity is in your language
- • This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
Combine sightseeing with gastronomy and live a luxury experience in a tour of about 3 hours and a half. Walk through the streets of Trastevere, Campo de' Fiori and the Jewish Ghetto while tasting delicious Italian dishes. Enjoy a guided tour for up to 12 people.
- You will taste typical dishes such as pasta and gelato. Also some local favorites like fried artichoke.
- If you choose the guided tour option in the morning, you will be able to see the famous Campo de' Fiori market. If you choose the afternoon tour alternative, you will be able to see the local stores.
- You will taste red or white wine during your walk through Trastevere or the Jewish Quarter.
- You will be accompanied by a local guide.
- Walking tour of the Jewish Ghetto, Trastevere and Campo de' Fiori.
- Tasting of typical Italian dishes.
- Glass of red or white wine
- Ice cream.
Select participants and date
What to expect
Enjoy a gastronomic tour of Rome for about 3 hours and a half. Visit emblematic places such as the Trastevere district, Campo de' Fiori square and the Jewish ghetto. You will also taste classic dishes such as pasta, pizza and Italian wine.
The tour is for a maximum of 12 people so that your guide can give you personalized attention.
During your visit to Campo de Fiori, if you choose the morning tour option, you will be able to see its famous market where they sell food, flowers and various products. If you choose the afternoon tour alternative, you will have the opportunity to browse the stores in the area.
In Campo de' Fiori you will also see the Statua di Giordano Bruno, who was accused of being a heretic and burned alive at the stake.
You will visit Trastevere, the busiest neighborhood during the evenings in Rome. Its streets are full of restaurants, nightclubs and stores.
You will walk along Via Portico d'Ottavia and taste fried specialties. Pizza lovers will love the stop at Antico Forno Roscioli, the oldest bakery in the capital, renowned for its delicious Roman pizzas.
You will arrive at the Jewish Ghetto and be transported back in time some 500 years ago. Pope Paul IV created this neighborhood in 1555 in order to isolate the Jewish people. Nearly 3,000 Jews lived here in overcrowded conditions. On your walk through this area you will see the Templo Maggiore, the oldest synagogue in Rome.
You will be delighted with the Tiber Island, a small island of 270 meters located in the Tiber River. To reach this islet, you will pass by the Fabricius Bridge, built in 62 BC, being the oldest of the time and originally preserved.
A good dessert is a must on this gourmet route. An artisan ice cream parlor will be waiting for you with its exquisite natural ice creams. In its menu you will find pistachio, orange, strawberry, melon, almond and many other flavors.
Departure and Return
Other activities in Rome
Trevi Fountain, Pantheon and Campo Dei Fiori Market Food and Wine Tour
Rome Tour with Pizza Cooking Class
Rome Private Shore Excursion from Civitavecchia Port
Rome Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel Guided Tour
Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum Guided Tour
Rome Vatican and Sistine Chapel Skip-the-Line Tickets
Rome Vatican Museum, St. Peter's and Papal Tombs Guided Tour
Rome Hop-On Hop-Off City Sightseeing Bus Tour
Rome Gallery Borghese Tickets
Rome Combo: Vatican Guided Tour and Colosseum Tickets