If you travel to Milan you will probably land at Malpensa, its international airport and the second largest in Italy. It is quite far from the center of Milan, about 47 kilometers, so it is necessary to arrange a transfer to your accommodation in the city.
1. Best airport transfers from Malpensa airport to Milan
If you are looking to save time and get to your hotel in the most comfortable way, I recommend a private transfer door to door, but there is also the option of taking the bus, which will allow you to reduce costs.
On the other hand, if you are staying in Milan for two days or more a good idea to move around the city by public transport while saving on your visits to museums and monuments is to get the Milan Pass. If you choose the public transport option you can forget about looking for other ways to get from the airport to the hotel and vice versa.
2. Private transfer between Malpensa airport and Milan city center
If you are looking for the most comfortable way to move between Milan Malpensa Airport and the city center, this private car service is your best option. It has a higher price than the bus or train, but it will take you from door to door, helping you with your luggage. This private transfer between Malpensa airport and Milan city center.
How this transfer service works
When you book the service, you will have to provide your flight details and your hotel address, so that a professional driver will be waiting for you at the terminal upon your arrival and will take you from door to door to your accommodation. Don't worry if your flight is delayed, because since they have your flight information, they can anticipate it and wait for you for as long as it takes.
Once you meet the driver, they will take you and your group directly to your hotel without any intermediate stops or interruptions along the way. The vehicle has capacity for one suitcase and one hand luggage per person, but if you have any special needs or bring extra luggage, please contact the company by email so that they can take it into account in advance.
Advantages of this service
One of the great advantages that I see when using a private service like this is that you will not have to worry about anything: no public transport tickets, no transfers between buses or subways and no luggage to carry, which is always appreciated after a flight.
Return service from your hotel
This service is also available so that, at the end of your trip, the driver will pick you up at your hotel and drop you off at the departure terminal of the airport. To do so, you will need to provide the address of your accommodation and your flight details, so that you can arrive at the airport on time.
What this service includes
- Direct transfer between Malpensa and your accommodation in the urban area of Milan in 60 minutes.
- Professional driver
- Possibility to hire this service also to move between Milan and the nearby airports of Linate and Orio Al Serio.
- Service available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Possibility to transfer up to 5 passengers
- Baggage limited to 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag per passenger: excess baggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bicycles may have certain restrictions)
- At the airport pick-up, the driver will wait for you for 45 minutes at the arrivals terminal and from the official time of your landing.
- At the transfer from your hotel to the airport, your driver will wait for you for a maximum of 30 minutes from the time and place agreed at the time of your booking (details of your flight and the address of your hotel in Milan). 24 to 48 hours before the driver's scheduled arrival, you will need to contact the supplier to confirm these details.
3. Bus between Malpensa airport and Milan city center
The bus between Malpensa airport and Milan is the most economical way to get from Malpensa to the center of Milan. In the center of Milan, the bus drops you off and picks you up on Via Giovanni Battista Sammartini, with public transportation nearby or the option of taking a cab to your accommodation.
You can buy your ticket directly at the airport station or purchase it in advance online and not have to waste time on arrival. Remember to be at the bus stop at least 15 minutes before the bus departs.
What is included in this service
This bus ticket between Malpensa airport and the center of Milan includes:
- Direct transfer between Malpensa and Milan in about 60 minutes.
- Unlimited luggage included.
- Air-conditioned vehicle with capacity for 50 passengers.
- Wifi on board
- The ticket is valid for both T1 and T2 departures.
- Not adapted for wheelchair users, but accessible for baby strollers and assistance animals are allowed.
Vicky's Traveller Tip
The most comfortable option to move between Milan airport and your accommodation will be the private door-to-door transfer.
4. Other options: the train
Malpensa airport has its own train line, the Malpensa Express, which connects it to the city of Milan. It is a very popular option among travelers as it is economical and the fastest way to make the journey. You can buy the train ticket upon arrival at the airport of Milan or on the official website, where you can check schedules and more information about all train services in the area.
In addition, they offer 2 lines that connect Malpensa with two central destinations in Milan:
- Malpensa - Central Station. 43 minutes and 13€ per person. Trains depart every 20-40 minutes and also stop at Garibaldi, Bovisa and Saronno.
- Malpensa - Piazza Cadorna Station, next to Sforzesco Castle. 30-minute ride and €13 per person. At the airport, the train is taken on level 1 of Terminal 1 and there are services every 30 minutes.
5. You may also be interested in
Great! Now that you have arrived in Milan and you know how to get to your hotel, it's time to start organizing your trip, so you will surely find it interesting to take a look at the following articles on what to do and see in Milan:
Frequently asked questions
How far is Milan airport from the city center?
There are three airports that connect to Milan, so depending on which airport you fly into, it will take you a different amount of time to get to the city. The drive from Malpensa airport to Milan will take you about 50 minutes, from Linate to Milan it takes about 23 minutes, and from Orio al Serio to Milan it takes about 60 minutes.
How far in advance should I be at the Milan airport before my flight?
If you are flying to another continent, it is best to be at the airport at least 3 hours before your flight. For travel within Europe, 1 hour and 30 minutes should be more than enough.
Are all transfers private?
Yes, they are, but keep in mind that the transfer price is fixed and calculated for 8 adults per vehicle, which means that you will have to pay for a transfer of 8 people even if only 1 or 2 people are booking the service.