Prague Castle Guided Tour
About this activity
Smartphone tickets accepted
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
With this guided tour of Prague Castle, you will have the opportunity to get to know one of Europe's oldest surviving monuments. Accompanied by an expert guide, you will be taken on a tour of approximately two and a half hours through the complex.
During this walking tour, you will learn about the history of Prague Castle, which was built in the 9th century and was home to the Kingdom of Bohemia, the medieval monarchy that preceded the present-day Czech Republic. In addition, you will have included entrance tickets to other buildings surrounding the castle, such as St. Vitus Cathedral, St. George's Basilica and the Old Royal Palace.
- The walking tour lasts approximately two and a half hours.
- An expert guide will accompany you throughout the tour of the large Prague Castle complex.
- You will learn about the history of the buildings surrounding the castle, such as St. Vitus Cathedral and St. George's Basilica, to which you will have access, as entrance tickets are included.
- Local guide
- Entrance to Prague Castle
- Entrance fees to St. Vitus Cathedral, Old Royal Palace, St. George's Basilica
Select participants and date
Step by Step
If you want to learn about the history of Prague Castle, now you have a unique opportunity thanks to this guided tour. Yes, an expert guide will accompany you during the approximately two and a half hour walking tour of this great architectural complex, considered the oldest castle in the world.
To get to Prague Castle, which is located across the Vltava River from the Old Town, you will cross the famous Charles Bridge in Prague, a place that attracts many tourists because it is one of the oldest bridges in the Czech Republic.
During the walk, you will pass other landmarks, such as the Lesser Town Square, where you will learn about the history of the castle before you dive into it.
Once inside the castle, which has undergone numerous renovations as it has suffered several fires throughout its history, you will see several buildings in the complex.
For example, thanks to the tickets included with this reservation, you will have access to the St. Vitus Cathedral, in Gothic style and considered the most important in Prague, as well as the Basilica of St. George, the oldest preserved inside the castle complex.
You will also enter the Old Royal Palace, where you will visit the incredible Vladislav Hall, one of the most complex architectural spaces built at the end of the Middle Ages and currently used for official events and banquets.