Harlem Sunday Gospel Service
About this activity
Smartphone tickets accepted
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
Harlem is New York's most culturally rich neighbourhood. This tour, in which you will be accompanied by a guide specialised in the history of the neighbourhood, will allow you to walk through its streets on the busiest day of the week, Sunday. You'll also attend an original gospel mass that will make you feel like a real Harlem citizen.
- Tour Harlem with an expert guide
- Visit the neighbourhood on a Sunday to experience its liveliest atmosphere.
- Attenda gospel mass for the full Harlem experience
- Enjoy brunch at an African-American restaurant (only if this option is chosen when booking)
- Tour with a specialised guide
- Gospel Mass
- Brunch at African-American restaurant (if superior option is chosen)
Select participants and date
Step by Step
The cultural offer of Harlem is immense but thanks to this tour you will be able to visit all of its emblematic places. In addition, this tour offers an experience you can't miss if you decide to visit Harlem, a gospel mass. This is an experience that far exceeds your expectations, the church will welcome you and make you feel like a participant.
If you choose to book this tour, a delicious African-American brunch at a local restaurant will also be included.
Throughout the tour you will be accompanied by an expert guide who will explain all the history and details behind each place you visit. During the tour you will pass by a number of iconic buildings:
- Apollo Theatre: the stage of choice for Harlem's performers
- Morris-Jumel Mansion: the oldest house in Manhattan, totally different from today's buildings.
- Cotton Club: one of the world's most famous restaurants and nightclubs.
- Sylvan Terrace: 19th century street that still has its wooden houses, something striking in the centre of Manhattan.
The aim of this tour is to allow you to walk around the neighbourhood at your leisure as well as learn all about its history. You will learn all about what happened during the 70's and 80's, being the capital of black New York culture and politics.