Zurich Old Town Guided Tour
About this activity
Smartphone tickets accepted
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
This walking tour through the old town of Zurich will take you into the financial and economic centre of Switzerland. You will be accompanied by a professional guide who will provide you with interesting information as you walk past landmarks such as the Grossmünster Church and Bahnhofstrasse.
For approximately 2 hours and in a small group of about 20 participants, you will explore the old town in detail and see medieval buildings and churches. You will also see how art galleries and luxury boutiques are a fundamental part of the city.
- Pass through Zurich, the financial and economic heart of Switzerland, on a walking tour of the old town.
- The expert guide will tell you anecdotes and stories of relevance to learn about the architectural and artistic richness of this city.
- The Town Hall, Bahnhofstrasse and Grossmünster Church are just some of the locations you will pass through on the tour.
- Walking tour through Zurich's Old Town
- Expert guide
Select participants and date
Step by Step
Explore Zurich's old town and its unique charm on a walking tour accompanied by an expert guide. As you wander through the narrow streets, you'll see art galleries, boutiques and shops, luxury banks, baroque and Romanesque buildings and medieval churches.
Zurich is a city of contrasts and a wide variety of architecture, urban planning and culture. The Bahnhofstrasse, the Fraumünster Church, the City Hall and the Niederdorf area are some of the sights you will see. The activity will take place in small groups of about 20 people and will last approximately 2 hours.
The old town of Zurich, also called Altstadt, is where most of the attractions to see in the city are concentrated. Its streets, buildings and squares are proof of a multicultural, avant-garde city full of history.
Niederdorf is one of the neighbourhoods that form part of this historic district. Among its most outstanding areas, you will find the following:
- Grossmünster Romanesque Cathedral, which you can admire in detail.
- Limmatquai Promenade, overlooking the lake.
- Cabaret Voltaire arts centre, fine dining restaurants, nightclubs, boutiques and much more.
- Lindenhof Hill, a place listed by the Swiss themselves as historically significant in terms of its heritage.
- Wandering through this neighbourhood, you'll also come across antique shops, artisan workshops, traditional bars and other nooks and crannies that may pique your curiosity.
Other Things You Should Know
Other activities in Zurich
Zurich Guided Tour by Bus, Ferry and Cable Car
Jungfraujoch and Oberland Day Trip from Zurich
Grindelwald and Interlaken Day Trip from Zurich
Zurich Lindt Home of Chocolate Museum Tickets
Zurich Tuk Tuk Tour
Rhine Falls Tour from Zurich
Zurich Private Tour
Zurich Albert Einstein's City Exploration Game
Heidiland and Liechtenstein Day Trip from Zurich
Zurich FIFA Museum Tickets