Porto 6 Bridges Douro River Cruise
About this activity
Smartphone tickets accepted
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
By taking the 6 bridges cruise along the Douro River in Porto, you will get to know the most important architectural jewels of the city, which have been erected over one of its key tributaries, which crosses the Iberian Peninsula.
You will contemplate, from a unique and monumental perspective, the Luís I, Arrábida, Maria Pia, São João, Freixo and Infante bridges, in a trip of approximately 50 minutes with flexible departure times, so you can choose the one that best suits you.
- Enjoy a spectacular boat trip on the calm waters of the Douro River.
- Pass through six of Portugal'sarchitectural gems, between the cities of Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia
- Get a breathtaking panoramic view of the northwest of the country, strolling between the two banks of the tributary that crosses it in this area.
- Douro River Cruise in Porto
- Tour of the city's six bridges
- Panoramic tour of approximately 50 minutes
- Timetables available to choose from
Select participants and date
Step by Step
Get a breathtaking and monumental perspective of Porto on this 6 bridges cruise on the Douro River. You'll enjoy a boat ride of approximately 50 minutes, navigating the calm waters of one of the country's most important tributaries, which crosses the Iberian Peninsula.
You will pass between two Portuguese cities. On the right bank, you'll see Porto, while on the left you'll see Vila Nova de Gaia. An unforgettable and versatile experience that you can share with family and friends or make a romantic trip as a couple.
You will cross under six of the city'sarchitectural gems, a series of must-see monuments, each with its own design and characteristics:
- Luís I Bridge: from a distance, its imposing iron arch stands out, making it one of Porto's most iconic bridges, measuring 395 metres long by eight metres wide.
- Arrábida Bridge: connects Campo Alegre, in Porto, with the Arrábida area, in Vila Nova de Gaia. Of all the bridges, it is the closest neighbour to the Atlantic.
- Maria Pia Bridge: the oldest of all, it was built by the legendary Gustave Eiffel, inaugurated in 1877. It rises some 61 metres above the Douro River.
- São João Bridge: connects Porto to the south by a modern railway system. It boasts a huge central arch of 250 metres in length.
- Freixo Bridge: at its two ends, the Freixo Bridge connects an area of the legendary Dragão Stadium, a football complex, and the beautiful town of Oliveira do Douro.
- Infante Bridge: it was erected in honour of the explorer Henry "the Navigator", with a concrete arch of 280 metres and a height of 72 metres, all built on a single floor.
You will be able to view some of Portugal' s iconic sites towards the banks of the Douro, with breathtaking and spectacular panoramic views of the region. In addition, there are a variety of timetable options available, so you can choose the one that best suits your itinerary.