Rome Trastevere and Jewish Ghetto Tour
About this activity
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
Get to know Trastevere, a picturesque medieval-style neighborhood of Rome that breathes harmony and history with this three-hour tour.
An expert guide will lead you on this journey through its bohemian streets that preserve the essence of the Roman historical past with churches such as Santa Cecilia, the Basilica of Santa Maria in Trastevere and iconic stops including a tour of the Jewish quarter.
- Stroll through the timeless streets of Trastevere and the Jewish Quarter.
- Tour historic monuments and sites, such as the Basilica of Santa Maria in Trastevere
- Explore boutiques and restaurants full of Italian culture and gastronomy.
- Guided tour of Trastevere and the Jewish quarter
- Expert guide in history
- Small group of about 12 people
Select participants and date
What to expect
Discover the medieval-style beauty of Trastevere and Rome's historic Jewish quarter, the oldest in Europe, on this approximately three-hour tour.
An expert guide will tell you the history behind the squares and monuments of both places, passing by:
- Basilica of St. Cecilia in Trastevere: it was built in the 5th century in honor of St. Cecilia, Roman martyr.
- Basilica of Santa Maria in Trastevere: you can admire the amazing 12th century celestial mosaic that covers the dome of this church founded in the 3rd century.
- Piazza Mattei: visit the famous Fountain of the Turtle in this small Renaissance-style square located in the heart of the Jewish quarter
- Portico of Octavia: historical monument built in 27 B.C., dedicated to Octavia, the sister of Emperor Hadrian.
You will have the opportunity to walk, in small groups of about 12 people, the beautiful streets, stores, boutiques, squares and restaurants in Roman style in Trasevere and the Jewish quarter.
You will see the area that Pope Paul IV granted to house the Jewish community of Rome in 1555 making it the first one established in the old continent.
Departure and Return
Other activities in Rome
Offer: Tickets to Coliseum and Roman Forum + Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Guided tour
Rome Hop-On Hop-Off Big Bus Tour
Rome Shuttle Bus: Fiumicino Airport To-From Rome City Center
Guide tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica
Guided tour of St. Peter’s Basilica and access to the dome
Rome Shuttle Bus: Ciampino Airport To-From Rome City Center
Rome Vatican and Sistine Chapel Skip-the-Line Tickets
Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill Tickets
Rome Gallery Borghese Tickets