Tour to Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius from Rome
About this activity
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
Enjoy a day trip to Pompeii, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Afterwards, depending on the time of year you travel, you can visit Mount Vesuvius (in summer) or Positano (in winter).
All this, accompanied by an expert guide who will explain the highlights of these places.
- Visit Pompeii and then visit Mount Vesuvius or Positano, depending on the time of the year.
- Discover the richness of these places thanks to the tour guide who will accompany you.
- Tickets to the Pompeii Archaeological Park and Mount Vesuvius (if open at the time of your tour) are included, so you'll avoid the queues at the ticket office.
- No need to think about organising lunch, as it is included.
- Round-trip transfer by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fee to Mount Vesuvius National Park (if the excursion is in summer)
- Visit to Positano (if the excursion is in winter)
- Expert guide
Select participants and date
Step by Step
Explore one of the richest archaeological sites in Italy, the city of Pompeii. Your journey begins in Rome. From there you'll travel in an air-conditioned bus to this city that was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2001. An expert guide will accompany you throughout the journey so that you won't miss a single detail of everything you'll see during the trip and when you arrive at your destination.
Inside this city buried under ashes and discovered in the 16th century, you will be able to see everything from the buildings where its inhabitants lived to the bodies that were petrified when the volcano erupted. Nothing you see during this visit will leave you indifferent.
Once you have seen the ruins of Pompeii, and depending on the date you choose for your excursion, you can visit two iconic places in the south of Italy.
- In summer: you can reach the summit of Mount Vesuvius, a volcano that erupted in 79 AD and buried three towns in the area.
- In winter: as access to Mount Vesuvius is closed during the cold season, you can visit the town of Positano and enjoy some free time in its streets.
Whatever your choice, you will always be accompanied by a guide so that you can ask him any questions you may have.
You won't have to worry about lunch either, as it is included in the excursion.