Tour to Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius from Rome
About this activity
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
Enjoy a day trip to Pompeii, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Then, depending on the time of year you travel, you can visit Mount Vesuvius (in summer) or Naples (in winter).
All this, accompanied by an expert guide who will explain the highlights of these places.
- Visit Pompeii and then visit Mount Vesuvius or Naples, depending on the time of year you visit
- Discover the richness of these places thanks to the tour guide who will accompany you.
- Entrance tickets to the Archaeological Park of Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius (if open at the time of your tour) are included, so you'll avoid the queues at the ticket office.
- Round-trip transfer by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fee to Mount Vesuvius National Park (if the excursion is in summer)
- Visit to Naples (if the excursion is in winter)
- Expert guide
Select participants and date
What to expect
Explore one of the richest archaeological sites in Italy, the city of Pompeii. Your journey begins in Rome. From there you'll travel in an air-conditioned bus to this city that was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2001. An expert guide will accompany you throughout the journey so that you won't miss a single detail of everything you'll see during the trip and when you arrive at your destination.
Inside this city buried under ashes and discovered in the 16th century, you will be able to see everything from the buildings where its inhabitants lived to the bodies that were petrified when the volcano erupted. Nothing you see during this visit will leave you indifferent.
Once you have seen the ruins of Pompeii, and depending on the date you choose for your excursion, you can visit two iconic places in the south of Italy.
- In summer: you can reach the summit of Mount Vesuvius, a volcano that erupted in 79 AD and buried three towns in the area.
- In winter: as access to Mount Vesuvius is closed during the cold season, you can visit the city of Naples and enjoy some free time in its streets.
Whatever your choice, you will always be accompanied by a guide so that you can ask any questions you may have.
When booking you can also choose a superior option which includes a visit to the ruins of Pompeii and an exclusive tour of the coastal towns of Amalfi and Positano in small groups.