Santo Domingo Day Trip from Punta Cana
About this activity
Smartphone tickets accepted
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
Visit one of the oldest cities in the Caribbean on a 1-day walking tour of Santo Domingo from Punta Cana. A professional guide will tell you about the history of colonisation, while you see the Cathedral of Santa Maria la Menor, the Presidential Palace, one of the residences of a relative of Christopher Columbus and the first street in America. The excursion includes transportation to and from the hotel in Punta Cana and a typical lunch at a local restaurant.
- Tour Santo Domingo in one day
- Get access to all the sites with the included entrance tickets.
- Watch a 4D historical documentary of the city at the National Presidential Palace
- See Alcazar de Colon, the residence of one of the colonizer's sons
- Enjoy a traditional Dominican meal
- Travel in comfort on your round-trip hotel transfers
- Excursion to Santo Domingo from Punta Cana
- Transfer to and from the hotel
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
Select participants and date
Step by Step
Embark on a 1-day walking tour of Santo Domingo from Punta Cana and learn about the history of one of the first and oldest cities in the Americas.
The tour will be led by a local guide who will tell you about the history of colonization and take you to see places, areas and several monuments dating back to the 5th century such as:
- Calle Las Damas: the first street in America built in the colonial area.
- Alcázar de Diego Colón: house of Diego Colón, son of Christopher Columbus and the only known residence of a relative of the coloniser.
- National Presidential Palace: Victorian, Italian Renaissance, Greco-Roman Baroque and Neoclassical palace. Access and enjoy its views and learn about the history of the city with the 4D film.
- Museo De Las Casas Reales: enter and learn about the history of the city and the country in this informative museum. Discover the collection of weapons that were owned by the former dictator Rafael Leonidas Trujillo Molina.
- Teatro de Bellas Artes: neoclassical style building where artistic events, plays, concerts and shows are held.
- Basilica Catedral de Santa María la Menor: it is the first cathedral to be built in the New World. Gothic is the most outstanding style, although different architectural tendencies can be appreciated.
- Colonial Zone: it is the oldest area of Santo Domingo where you will walk around the historic centre.
- Columbus Lighthouse: it is a monument and a mausoleum at the same time. It represents the Christianization of America and its exhibits include Colombian jewellery and a Cuban ship.
The excursion includes a stop at a typical Dominican restaurant for a traditional Dominican meal and round trip transportation in an air-conditioned bus from your hotel in Punta Cana.