Atlanta Airport Transfers
If you are traveling to Atlanta and want to know how to get from the airport to the city, read this article in which I tell you the different ways to do it.
The Atlanta airport is not very far from the city and it is also very well connected. If you want to know what options you have to move from the airport to Atlanta, read on. In this article I will tell you the best ways to do it and the most striking features of each of them.
So, if you are planning a trip to Atlanta, you will know which is the best way to move to the city so you can enjoy the best things to do in Atlanta.
1. A private transfer, the most exclusive and safe option
The best way to transfer between the airport and Atlanta is the private transfer. It is the most comfortable, exclusive and safe option of all. A professional chauffeur will pick you up at the airport at the appointed time and take you in a luxury car to your hotel or destination.
This type of transfer covers the areas of Downtown Atlanta, North Atlanta, Buckhead and Alpharetta. So, wherever you are going, the vehicle will be able to get you there on time.
The driver of the vehicle will be waiting for you at the baggage claim area to take you to your destination. All you have to do is indicate your hotel details, flight itinerary and address at the time of booking.
Beyond the economic savings over cab service, private transfer with professional chauffeur is also a great option compared to public transportation. The latter is especially beneficial if you are traveling with the whole family to the city to discover what to do in Atlanta with kids.
Depending on the number of passengers, you can choose between one vehicle or another. For the sedan, the maximum passenger capacity per trip is three. On the other hand, if you are traveling with a large group, you can opt for the minivan, in which case the permitted capacity is 5 passengers. And if the flight is a little late, you have nothing to worry about; the driver will wait for you for up to an hour. In the event that this time is exceeded, you will have to pay an additional charge.
- Duration of the trip: depending on the traffic in the city and the location of your hotel. If you go to Midtown, the trip usually takes about 15 minutes.
- Price: about 77 euros per person.
- Advantages of using this method: it is the most comfortable and safest way of transportation.
- How to book this shuttle: to book this shuttle, you will need to provide your flight details as well as the location of your hotel.
- Recommended if you have to arrive at your hotel at a certain time and cannot afford delays.
2. A shared transfer, a slightly cheaper, but less exclusive option
In case you can't afford the private transfer, you can also opt for the shared transfer. This option consists of vans that take several passengers from the airport to their destination. Several companies offer this service. In some cases, they allow different stops. In others, a common destination is set from which you will need to transfer to your hotel.
The vans cover the downtown Atlanta, Midtown and Buckhead areas. Since this is a shared transfer, you will not be able to choose your pick-up time. In this type of transfer, you will have to wait for the shuttle to arrive. However, you will not have to wait too long, as the Vans leave the airport every 15 minutes.
The pick-up area is between the North Domestic and South Domestic terminals, next to the bus stop. The price of the trip varies depending on your destination and the area of the city where it is located.
In addition to the companies that offer this service, you have to take into account that there are several hotels near the airport that offer a free transfer service from the airport. Make sure that your hotel does not provide this option before booking a shared transfer.
- Duration of the trip: depending on your destination.
- Price: the fare per person for a ride to Midtown is about $16.50. If you are going to Midtown, the cost is usually around $18.50. Finally, for the Buckhead, the approximate price is $30.00.
- Advantages of using this method: it is a comfortable and cheaper option than a private transfer.
- How to book this transportation: you will have to choose one of the companies that offer this service and fill out their reservation form.
- Recommended if you cannot afford the economic cost of a private transfer or if you are traveling with a large group.
3. The train, the fastest option
Another great option if you want to get from the airport to the city is to use public transportation, specifically the train. The Atlanta airport offers a fast train service called MARTA.
The destination of these trains is the Five Points station, which is located in the heart of the city. From here, you can get to your destination in multiple ways, as it is a very well connected area.
The passenger pick-up area for MARTA trains is located outside the Domestic Terminal baggage claim area, located at the west end of the airport. Within this train service, there are two lines: red and gold.
Atlanta Airport train service is operational every day of the week. Monday through Friday, the service hours are 4:45 am to 1:20 am, so it is operational virtually 24 hours a day. On weekends, the schedule is from 6:00 am to 1:00 am.
Details of interest
- Travel time: about 15 minutes to Five Points Station.
- Price: about 2.50 euros per person.
- Advantages of using this method: it is a very economical and fast option.
- How to book this transport: you will have to buy your ticket at the airport station.
- Recommended if you need a fast and economical way of transportation.
4. A bus, one of the most economical methods
Another option to go from the Atlanta airport to the city is to use the bus lines provided for this purpose. On one side is the 191 line, which goes to downtown Clayton County and Lakewood Station, as well as to College Park and Riverdale Park.
The schedule for this line is from 5:00 am to 11:40 pm. Thus, it does not operate in the evening, so you will most likely not be able to make use of this option.
On the other hand, there is the Greyhound Flightlink line, which departs from the north terminal to different areas of the city and the state. This line is normally operational from 08:00 am to 10:00 pm Monday through Friday. On Saturdays, the regular schedule is from 09:00 am to 04:00 pm. Finally, on Sundays the service is usually available from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
This is a very economical way to get from Atlanta airport to your destination. In addition, it has a very wide range of stops, which are either local, regional or national. However, the downside is that it is a very popular and uncomfortable service.
Details of interest
- Duration of the trip: depending on your destination and traffic.
- Price: about 2.50 euros per person.
- Advantages of using this method: it is one of the most economical methods along with the train and reaches many areas of the city and the state of Georgia.
- How to book this transportation: you will have to buy your ticket at the Atlanta airport bus stop.
- Recommended if you are traveling with little luggage and do not arrive too tired.
5. A cab or an Uber, the second most comfortable option
Finally, you also have the possibility to move from the Atlanta airport to your hotel or destination by cab or Uber. In the case of taking an Uber, you will be able to book your trip in advance and set all the details of your journey.
This way, when you land in Atlanta, your driver will be waiting for you without delay. However, remember that these types of companies price their rides according to demand. Thus, if the demand for rides from the airport is very high, the trip will be excessively expensive.
As for cab service, the airport has a cab stand outside the baggage claim area, next to the bus and train stop. At any time of the day, there are many cabs waiting for passengers who have landed. However, there are usually long waiting lines. In addition, you have to take into account that there are different fares, such as night fares.
This option is especially recommended if you are going to Atlanta for a business trip or other work reasons. In these cases, the visit, in general, will be one day in Atlanta and you will need to save as much time as possible in the transfers.
Details of interest
- Travel time: depending on traffic and your destination.
- Price: If you are going downtown, the fare is usually around $35. If you are going to Buckhead, the cost is around $40. Finally, if your destination is in Midtown, the price per ride is usually around $35.
- Advantages of using this method: it is a very convenient method and operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- How to book this transportation: you can book through the Uber App or wait for a cab at the cab stand at the airport.
- Recommended if you are traveling late at night.