Beach of the Cathedrals Day Trip from Santiago de Compostela
About this activity
Smartphone tickets accepted
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
Enjoy the northern coast of Spain with this tour to Playa de las Catedrales beach from Santiago de Compostela, some 185 kilometres away. Accompanied by a professional guide, this activity lasts approximately nine hours and also takes you to Lugo and Ribadeo.
In this activity, which includes a return bus transfer, you will be able to explore the incredible rock formations that make Playa de las Catedrales one of the most visited beaches in the Cantabrian Sea. You'll also have the opportunity to visit other sites in Ribadeo and the Roman wall of Lugo.
- Explore the coast of the Cantabrian Sea with this activity to Playa de las Catedrales, one of the best known beaches in northwest Spain, as well as Lugo and Ribadeo.
- Learn with a professional guide who will accompany you on this tour, which lasts approximately nine hours.
- Relax on the bus that will transfer you from Santiago de Compostela to Playa de las Catedrales, Lugo and Ribadeo and back.
- Professional guide
- Round-trip bus transfer
- Live commentary on board the bus
- Food and drink
Select participants and date
Step by Step
Thanks to this tour from Santiago de Compostela to Playa de las Catedrales, you'll be able to enjoy an experience on the Cantabrian Sea. You'll travel by bus from the Galician capital to the famous beach and back, as well as to Lugo and Ribadeo, almost two hours away by road. A professional guide will accompany you during this activity, which lasts approximately nine hours.
The beach of the Cathedrals, whose real name is Praia de Augas Santas, has this name due to the presence of majestic natural arches that attract tourists from all over the world. It is a beach with a combination of natural elements that the sea and the wind have created over time natural rock formations 30 metres high that look like Gothic cathedrals. The tour of this place is on foot.
Afterwards you will have the opportunity to go to Lugo, a city with more than 2000 years of history, where you can admire the city wall , which is a World Heritage Site. This is one of the cities with more references of the Roman Empire in the world, it is the only city with a complete Roman wall.
To finish this excursion you will discover Ribadeo, a city that is linked to emigration and whose influence you will see in the buildings and atmosphere of the city.