Wieliczka Salt Mine Day Trip from Krakow
About this activity
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
Enjoy this tour for groups of about 35 people with round trip transfer to and from your hotel in Krakow and visit to the Wieliczka Salt Mine. Discover an 800-year-old subway world with an expert guide on this 4-hour guided tour. You'll tour about 20 subway chambers over 3 kilometers in length 135 meters below ground. Save time without waiting in line at the Wieliczka Salt Mine!
- Enjoy an air-conditioned minibus transportation experience from Krakow to the Wieliczka Salt Mine .
- Delve into the history of the salt mine, with a local professional guide for a tour of about 4 hours.
- This activity, for groups of about 35 people, includes pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Krakow.
- Round trip transportation from your hotel in Krakow.
- Air-conditioned vehicle.
- Modern and air-conditioned van.
- Entrance to the Wieliczka Salt Mines.
Select participants and date
What to expect
Enjoy an organized transfer for groups of about 35 people by air-conditioned minibus from your hotel in Krakow to the Wieliczka Salt Mines. On this approximately 4-hour guided tour you will take an exciting journey into the depths through chambers, corridors, salt chapels and lakes.
Along this 3-kilometer tour, 135 meters underground, a local guide will take you through the historic subway city with different stories and wonderful legends.
More than 300 kilometers of galleries, amazing subway lakes and hundreds of rooms decorated with sculptures make the Wieliczka salt mines one of the most visited places in Poland. This monument, a World Heritage Site since 1978, is the only facility in the world still in operation since the Middle Ages.
You will see beautiful chambers, part of which are chapels and one of which has as its patron Saint Kinga, one of the most popular saints in the country. The chapel of St. Kinga is one of the biggest attractions of the whole mine. It is a gigantic church, about 1,000 square meters, built with thousands of tons of ore and has a huge statue of John Paul II, illuminated by large chandeliers hanging from the ceiling.
Departure and Return
Other activities in Krakow
Auschwitz Day Trip from Krakow
Auschwitz and Wieliczka Salt Mine Day Trip from Krakow
Krakow Wawel Castle Guided Tour
Krakow Schindler's Factory Guided Tour
Krakow Shooting Range Experience
KrakowJewish Quarter and Schindler's Factory Guided Tour
Zakopane Day Trip with Hot Bath Pool Tickets
Krakow Ghost Tour
Zakopane and Trata Day Trip from Krakow
Krakow Nowa Huta Private Tour