Auschwitz and Wieliczka Salt Mine Day Trip from Krakow
About this activity
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
Discover a part of the tragic history of 20th century Europe on this day trip from Krakow to Auschwitz to visit the museum and remember one of the largest concentration camps for Jews during the Nazi period. You will continue to the Wieliczka Salt Mine, an underground complex that has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
This is a guided tour lasting about eleven hours and includes entrance tickets to the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum, about 50 kilometres from Krakow, and the Wieliczka Salt Mine, just 16 kilometres from the Polish city. Transport will be by air-conditioned minibus on an excursion in which around 30 travellers are allowed. In addition, pick-up and drop-off from your hotel in Krakow will be included.
- This is a tour from Krakow to visit the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum, which includes the most famous concentration camp in contemporary history, as well as the Wieliczka Salt Mines, a totally impressive underground complex.
- Take advantage of the professional guide who will accompany you during the experience to learn about the history of both sites.
- With this booking you will have the entrance tickets to both sites included in an activity that lasts about 11 hours.
- Enjoy the comfort of this activity thanks to the included return transfer from Krakow in an air-conditioned minibus for groups of maximum 30 people.
- Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum Tickets
- Entrance to Wieliczka Salt Mines
- Professional guide
- Transport from Krakow and back
Select participants and date
What to expect
With this activity you will learn about the tragic history of 20th century Nazi Europe by visiting the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum, where the largest concentration camp in Europe is located. Departing from Krakow by minibus, you will have the opportunity to go to Auschwitz and then to the Wieliczka Salt Mine. You will finish the guided tour in this Unesco World Heritage underground complex.
With a professional guide, you will explore and learn about these two sites that attract so many visitors to Poland. The tour, which allows groups of around 30 people, includes entrance tickets to both sites, as well as a minibus transfer to and from Krakow. A luxury tour lasting about eleven hours.
From Krakow, you will travel about 50 kilometres to Auschwitz where you will watch the short documentary "The Liberation of Auschwitz" before arriving at the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum. There, you will take a guided tour of the site to learn first-hand about one of the most macabre chapters in European history. You will see the crematoria, the so-called Wall of Death, the Birkenau Camp and an exhibition of the former barracks where the prisoners lived .
The Polish government has preserved this site as a centre for research and also as a tribute to the more than one million people who died there, more than 90% of them Jews, during World War II and the Holocaust.
During a visit to this complex, where you should bring identification, visitors are encouraged to behave respectfully. And photography is generally permitted, with a few exceptions.
You will also visit the Wieliczka Salt Mine, which is located about 64 kilometres from Auschwitz. It is an underground complex where you will have the opportunity to see the salt-carved chambers, statues and chapels dug by the former miners.
To go to the mines, you need to go down about 600 steps, so it is advisable to have an average level of physical fitness. In addition, if you want to take photographs, a separate pass is required.
Other activities in Krakow
Auschwitz Day Trip from Krakow
Wieliczka Salt Mine Day Trip from Krakow
Krakow Wawel Castle Guided Tour
Krakow Schindler's Factory Guided Tour
Krakow Chopin Piano Concert Tickets
Krakow Segway Tour
Krakow Shooting Range Experience
Warsaw Day Trip from Krakow
Krakow Beer Tour
Krakow Vodka Tour