Pompeii Private GuidedTour
About this activity
Smartphone tickets accepted
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
Explore the archaeological ruins of Pompeii with a private professional guide on this two-hour guided tour. You'll enter the 1st century commercial metropolis, where you'll see what life was like in the era of the Roman Empire.
You'll walk through sites such as the Lupanar, the Villa of the Mysteries, the House of the Faun and the Temple of Apollo, which were exposed after the lava that buried it underground was excavated following the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD.
- Discover Pompeii, the city that was trapped in time by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD.
- Discover history on the spot with a professional archaeological guide.
- Visit emblematic sites such as the Amphitheatre, the House of the Faun and the Lupanar.
- Private guided tour of Pompeii
- Professional guide
- Tickets for the archaeological site
Select participants and date
Step by Step
This private guided tour of Pompeii will take you on a timeless experience in the city that was frozen in the era of the Roman Empire after being buried by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD.
You will explore the archaeological site with a professional archaeological guide, who will reveal the secrets of the urban port metropolis that was uncovered after excavations were carried out more than two thousand years ago.
You will have the opportunity to visit emblematic sites of the place, among which the following stand out:
- Amphitheatre: similar to the design of the Roman Coliseum, the site could hold approximately 20,000 Pompeians at its peak.
- House of the Faun: experience what a typical villa was like by exploring this house, where a bronze sculpture of a faun was found preserved in excellent condition.
- Villa of the Mysteries: you will have the opportunity to see the incredible frescoes of this 2nd century BC villa, beautiful works of art to which it owes its name.
- Temple of Apollo: its records place it as the oldest building in Pompeii. Inside, several bronze statues of Apollo and Diana were found.
- Temple of Jupiter: this structure was created around 250 BC in the centre of Pompeii as a cult to the Capitoline triad of the gods Jupiter, Mars and Janus.
- Lupanar: known as the largest brothel in Pompeii, inside you will see impressive erotic art, which was immortalised on its walls.
You'll see one of the most beautiful postcards of southeastern Naples as Mount Vesuvius, the country's most iconic volcano, looms gigantically on the horizon of the ruins.
After the eruption, which also wiped out other cities such as Herculaneum, the region has been reclaimed at various times, leaving a historical footprint on the surface that reflects what life was like for the Romans in the 1st century.
You will see frescoes, works of art, houses, buildings and shops of the period, an essential trip to get to know the historical past of a destination declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco. As this is a private guided tour, only you and your group will participate.
Other Things You Should Know
Other activities in Pompeii
Organic Wine Tasting & Lunch on Vesuvius with Transfer from Pompeii
Vesuvius from sunset to the night lights
Pompeii Pass: Fast-Track Entrance, Guided Tour, and Magic Ancient Pompeii Entry
MAP – Magic Ancient Pompeii: Entry Ticket
Pompeii Tour for Kids & Families with Specialist Guide & Skip the Line Tickets
Pompeii Wine Tasting
Pompeii Ticket with Optional Guided Tour
Pompeii Small-Group Tour with an Archeologist
Mount Vesuvius Hiking Trip from Pompeii