Book of Kells and Dublin Castle Guided Tour
About this activity
Smartphone tickets accepted
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
Learn about the history of Ireland with this guided tour of the Book of Kells, as well as the exterior of Dublin Castle. For about 2.5 hours, you will be accompanied by a tour guide inside the Trinity College Library while you listen to his explanations.
You will learn about the Middle Ages in Ireland, the most important events and stories. When you visit Dublin Castle you will discover the times when it was used as a prison, fortress or even a treasury.
- This tour will allow you to see and learn about the Book of Kells, as well as the history of Ireland as you visit the exterior of Dublin Castle.
- You will listen to the explanations of a tour guide for about 2.5 hours of the experience.
- Learn about the importance and symbolism of the Book of Kells in the Trinity College Library, as well as the general history of Ireland.
- Guided tour of the Book of Kells and Dublin Castle
- Entrance to Trinity College Library
- Tourist guide
- Entrance to Dublin Castle
Select participants and date
Step by Step
Learn about the most important points of Irish history, thanks to this guided tour. You'll see the Book of Kells, which is housed in the Trinity College Library, as well as Dublin Castle up close.
You won't be alone on these tours, as you will be accompanied by a tour guide for the approximately 2.5 hours of the experience. The Book of Kells dates back to the 9th century. It is therefore one of the most precious jewels of the Middle Ages in the West.
During the visit you will be able to see this jewel of writing up close and learn about it. You will learn how important it is that it has been preserved to this day, as well as its symbolism and significance. You will also be able to clearly see the rich ornamentation of the leaves on the outside.
Another place you will visit is Dublin Castle. In this case, you will walk around the outside of this monument, contemplate its gardens and courtyards while you learn about the most famous people who have passed through it and its best anecdotes.
Other Things You Should Know
Other activities in Dublin
Cliffs of Moher, Kilmacduagh Abbey and Galway Day Trip from Dublin
Dublin Pub Crawl
Dublin Teeling Whiskey Distillery Guided Tour
Dublin Bike Tour
Blarney and Cork Day Trip from Dublin
Newgrange and Tara Hill Celtic History Day Trip from Dublin
Dublin Traditional Music and Dance Show
Belfast and Giant’s Causeway Day Trip from Dublin
Kerry Day Trip from Dublin