Antwerp and Ghent Day Trip from Brussels
About this activity
Smartphone tickets accepted
- Your booking is confirmed instantly
- This activity is in your language
- This option has FREE cancellation: book it without any risk!
This tour to Antwerp and Ghent from Brussels will take you to two of the most important cities in Flanders, on a full day bus tour with a private guide.
Among beautiful houses, medieval castles, churches, bridges and canals, you will visit must-see sites such as the Het Steen castle, the Atomium monument and the Central Railway Station. When you arrive in Ghent, sights such as the great Belfry, the Church of St. Nicholas and the Castle of the Counts await you.
- See Antwerp and Ghent in a single day trip, with return transfer from Brussels.
- Explore two must-see destinations in the Flemish Region accompanied by aprofessional tour guide.
- Visit historic sites such as the Castle of the Counts of Ghent and the Antwerp Central Railway Station
- Excursion to Antwerp and Ghent
- Round-trip bus transfer from Brussels
- Private guide
- Discounts in chocolate shops and restaurants
Select participants and date
Step by Step
Enjoy a very complete excursion to Antwerp and Ghent from Brussels, where you will leave the capital early in the morning to make the most of the day and explore the most beautiful places and monuments of these two essential destinations in the Flemish Region.
You will be accompanied by a professional guide who will give you the best recommendations to get to know both cities. All on a bus tour from the centre of Brussels, where you will be able to relax and dedicate yourself exclusively to enjoying the trip.
You will discover the natural and architectural beauty characteristic of Flanders, adorned by beautiful water canals, small bridges and luxurious vertical buildings. The perfect postcard to explore Antwerp, the 'city of diamonds', places such as:
- Atomium: this steel-made sculpture, made up of nine spheres representing a crystalline iron structure, is a must-see photo stop in Antwerp
- Het Steen Castle: you will be amazed by the beautiful medieval castle that served as a fortress in the Middle Ages to protect an Antwerp in full commercial and port development.
- Grote Markt: in the GreatMarket Square you will see the town hall, the Brabo fountain and a variety of bars and restaurants that sit adjacent to the river Scheldt.
- Antwerp Cathedral: as you enter this Gothic-style church dating from 1352, you will see spectacular works of art by the likes of Rubens, Murillo and Otto van Veen.
- Meir Street: you will feel the typical local atmosphere of the city as you walk along Meir Street, the commercial epicentre of Antwerp, with a myriad of shops, terraces, bars and restaurants.
- Central Train Station: as if you were inside a royal palace. That's how you'll feel when you enter the train station, a fourteen-track building that boasts a 75-metre-high glass dome and marble details throughout.
In Ghent, one of Belgium' s cultural and port destinations par excellence, you'll have the opportunity to visit iconic sites, among them:
- Ghent Bell Tower: the impressive bell tower, which was begun in 1314, forms an enclave with two other monuments, the Church of St. Nicholas and the Cathedral of St. Bavo.
- St. Nicholas Church : a Gothic and Romanesque church with an incredible natural light inside, thanks to the effect of the rays of light that pass through the crossing tower.
- St. Bavo's Cathedral: when you enter this cathedral you will see the Van Eyck brothers' The Adoration of the Mystic Lamb, one of the most influential paintings in the world.
- Korenmarkt: enjoy Ghent's liveliest and busiest atmosphere as you walk around its main square, surrounded by numerous bars and restaurants worth visiting.
- Sint-Veerleplein Square: another charming square in Ghent, where the river Lys and the Lieve canal meet. It is the site of the Ai Nati Oggi monument, which lights up every time a baby is born in the city.
- Gravensteen Castle: the 'Castle of the Counts' is a 17th century fortress that represents the most medieval and ancient Ghent, with dungeons, towers and dungeons worthy of the period.
At the end of the programmed activities with your private guide, you will be able to visit other places of interest on your own, as you will have enough free time before returning to the bus back to Brussels.
Departure and Return
Other Things You Should Know
Other activities in Brussels
Brussels Atomium Tickets
Brussels E-moped Day Rental
Brussels Banksy Museum Tickets
Brussels Guided Walking Tour
Brussels Private Customized Tour
Delft and Keukenhof Gardens Day Trip from Brussels
Brussels and Antwerp Sightseeing Guided Tour
Brussels Walking and Bus Guided Tour
Brussels Private Tour with Food Tastings
Brussels Small Group Food Tour